lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2020, 12:05 PM   #11
AlexYannoulatos
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brand new batteries draining too quickly

Hi Everyone,

im a bit stumped on this situation again.

After playing a round of golf and letting the batteries rest i measured 37.6V on my cart. SOC meter show 7 of 10 on the display bar.

A buddies identical TXT 36 measures also measures 37.6V with 5 year old Trojan's, but shows bar 5 of 10 on the SOC meter

How are we both getting the same voltage with 5 year vs 5 month batteries? Leads me to think something is not right on mine?
AlexYannoulatos is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2020, 12:59 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexYannoulatos View Post
Hi Everyone,

After playing a round of golf and letting the batteries rest i measured 37.6V on my cart. SOC meter show 7 of 10 on the display bar.

A buddies identical TXT 36 measures also measures 37.6V with 5 year old Trojan's, but shows bar 5 of 10 on the SOC meter

How are we both getting the same voltage with 5 year vs 5 month batteries? Leads me to think something is not right on mine?
If both battery packs are reading 37.6V, yet one POS bar graph meter reads 70% while another POS bar graph meter read 50%, I suspect both POS bar graph meters are truly POS (Pieces of Sh*T) since 37.6V for Trojan batteries is a bit over 80%.

As for the next to last question: The at-rest voltage can be used to estimate the SoC (State of Charge) but not the batteries age. No two carts, motors, controllers, drivers or driving styles are identical, but if there were, your buddy appears to have exceptionally well maintained batteries.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:11 AM   #13
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexYannoulatos View Post
After playing a round of golf and letting the batteries rest i measured 37.6V on my cart. SOC meter show 7 of 10 on the display bar. A buddies identical TXT 36 measures also measures 37.6V with 5 year old Trojan's, but shows bar 5 of 10 on the SOC meter How are we both getting the same voltage with 5 year vs 5 month batteries? Leads me to think something is not right on mine?
As JohnnieB suggests, forget about the bar meters as they are notoriously inaccurate ... IMHO, not even worthwhile having on a cart.

A possible explanation is that at 5 months old your battery pack is not likely fully broke in yet.

As per the attached Trojan Battery Testing Plot, it takes a T-105 battery approximately 110 charge cycles to reach its specified capacity. As you can see from the plot, it takes many more charge cycles to reach its full capacity.

Notice also from the plot that a T-105 battery at 80 charge cycles (about where your batteries could be) has the same capacity of a T-105 battery at 660 charge cycles (about where your buddy's batteries could be) ... the difference being that the 80 charge cycle battery pack is just at the beginning of its life cycle and the 660 charge cycle battery pack is nearing the end of its life cycle ... even though both have the same capacity.

I suggest that this is the case for your 5 month old battery pack and your buddy's 5 year old pack. I don't think you have much to worry about if you are charging and maintaining your batteries correctly ... they will live long and prosper
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO