lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2019, 11:21 AM   #31
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: steeleng 6" lift questions

Sounds like trying to adjust the Jake's LT kit for the EZGO that is "supposed to be set at the factory" but was not. Never have gotten it set correctly and nobody wants to touch it
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2019, 10:26 AM   #32
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
Just a heads up, I had to flip my snubber bracket upside down after the lift
That is exactly what i ended up doing. Went ahead and threw a new snubber bushing in there while I was there. Everything is kosher now. Not sure if someone previously flipped it over or if i missed it in the Steeleng directions but either way we are good now.
Jeff McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:35 AM   #33
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I dont disagree with you and on anything but a golf cart I wouldn't be aligning it

This kit was so frustrating to follow those directions that you had to work backwards. had I known how little adjustment you get out of the drag link to toe them in, I would have started with the helm joints all the way in. Overall not difficult, but me trying to adjust camber and then adjust the toe in was impossible because all of the helm joints had to be moved anyways to get it toed in correctly.

still don't know what size allen key / allen socket i need. none of mine are a good fit. at this point I'm too afraid to take it out and go to a hardware store just because I don't want to mess with it

I Found this a year later and I want to throw something out for anyone who was wondering: The factory tie rod never ended up being long enough and my tires were always toed out a little bit. ended up taking it off and welding a 1.5" extension in the middle of the tie rod to finally get my wheels straight.

Installing a second one on a 96 carryall right now, and ordered a new tie rod / ends to put on. I will see if its necessary to do on the carryall as well when I get that far.
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 06:41 PM   #34
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
I Found this a year later and I want to throw something out for anyone who was wondering: The factory tie rod never ended up being long enough and my tires were always toed out a little bit. ended up taking it off and welding a 1.5" extension in the middle of the tie rod to finally get my wheels straight.

Installing a second one on a 96 carryall right now, and ordered a new tie rod / ends to put on. I will see if its necessary to do on the carryall as well when I get that far.
I hope you eventually replaced the short/welded tie rod with a one piece longer unit? A welded tie rod is never a good idea long term. The weld could be a primary failure point. Steering failure at high speed.... No bueno.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 09:58 AM   #35
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
I hope you eventually replaced the short/welded tie rod with a one piece longer unit? A welded tie rod is never a good idea long term. The weld could be a primary failure point. Steering failure at high speed.... No bueno.
I never did, but since they are hollow I cut it in the middle, found a 12" piece of rod and slid it into each half. So after using 1.5" as an extension, I welded it with 5.25" into each half. I didn't know they made extended tie rods. just ordered a brand new one for my carryall since the old one was so rusty I couldn't adjust it. guess I'll find out if its the same way
Old 10-24-2020, 04:05 PM   #36
dsyfer
Not Yet Wild

Can you post where you purchased the extended tie rod for your 6” lift kit? I need to replace my tie rod on my 6” lift as a result of ruining the threading when trying to align my cart.
dsyfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:36 AM   #37
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsyfer View Post
Can you post where you purchased the extended tie rod for your 6” lift kit? I need to replace my tie rod on my 6” lift as a result of ruining the threading when trying to align my cart.
I didnt purchase one, as stated I had to cut mine and make my own extension.

Having said that, I put on the same lift on another cart this summer and purchased a brand new oem tie rod and it fit fine. I replaced mine as well as the tie rod ends because of how rusty everything was but I didn't need to extend it
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts