lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2020, 02:32 PM   #1
clubcarnoobKY
Not Yet Wild

Default Flooding and Smoking Carryall 2

I am working on a friends 07 Carryall 2 with the Kawasaki FE350D engine. At first it was hard to start, so I began with a fresh spark plug and fresh fuel. It started right up and ran fine for about 100yds then it started sputtering and smoking like a freight train. I pulled it back in and found that the air filter was literally drenched in gas, as well as some gas in the crankcase. I drained the oil, cleaned up the air box and put a fresh filter in it. I then removed the carb because I thought the float must be sticking. I also replaced the fuel filters and checked the fuel pump while I was in there. I put everything back together and once again it immediately fired right up, but after about 100yds it started sputtering and smoking just like it did before. I am still leaning towards a carb problem, but I wanted to post the issue on here and see if anyone had any ideas of things I should try before just purchasing a new carb.
clubcarnoobKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2020, 05:59 PM   #2
Tunnelvizn
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Flooding and Smoking Carryall 2

Good Day KY,
Just had the same thing happen to mine .
Turns out to be the vent line from the top of the carb . This has a small plastic vent device at the end of the hose (end of line through hole in the frame) . Replace this line - don't clean and reuse . Pull the x-shaped vent device and reuse this in the end of the line (clean it first - gunk builds up here) .
Then pull your carb off, and completely apart, and REALLY clean it out .
I used ultrasonic cleaner and compressed air . Make sure that you blow air through the idle and off-idle ports from inside the carb bore . Reason here, is that the fuel that runs through the vent hose will pick up crap from the hose and return it into the carb float chamber - it is unfiltered . This crap will get everywhere .
Replace carb and retune idle settings .
You're done ! Cold Brew time .
Oh, and use only real gas (no ethanol) !!!!!!
Tunnelvizn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 06:15 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Check the pulse line going to the fuel pump for any signs/smell of gas. There should be none. But I’ve had fuel pumps fail from a torn diaphragm and dump fuel down the pulse line into the crankcase.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 04:42 PM   #4
clubcarnoobKY
Not Yet Wild

Ok guys first of all thanks for the replies. I got a chance to work on the cart some more today. I began with all new fuel lines, fuel filters, a new fuel pump, a new carb, and a new spark plug........ after replacing all of these things, I get the exact same results, so now I am leaning towards it being something electrical. It seemed to start and run fine at first but after a short distance, started sputtering and the white smoke rolled, when I get back to the shop, I opened the air box to find that it once again had almost 1/2" of gas standing in the bottom. Would I most likely be looking at a coil issue?
clubcarnoobKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:30 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Nothing electrical is going to push fuel into the airbox. Have you checked valve lash? 350 *should* have hydraulic lash adjusters, meaning no adjustment. But I HAVE had a 350 with manually adjustable valves. It came from a 2007 or 2008 carryall from another member here who installed a vanguard in their cart.

Also I would not trust an aftermarket carb. You’re better off cleaning the oem carb. They seldom go bad. While it’s out you can check to make sure the float needle is seating correctly. If you hold it upside down you shouldn’t be able to blow air through it. Turn it right side up ans you should be able to blow easily.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car