lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2020, 11:03 AM   #1
TheHorseWhisperer
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent Engine Noise

Good morning Guys. 2008.5 FE350 Gas Engine Club Car-We were riding the cart Sunday when all of the sudden I heard a strange noise. A loud clicking/ticking noise. The engine seemed more warm then normal when I tilted seat to investigate the strange noise. It sounded like a loose rocker or a lifter tap. I let it cool for a few and returned home. The noise seemed to quit on my return trip home. The noise while riding has stopped, but I have noticed when you first press the go pedal that the slight tap is still there. After the motor revs up the noise subsides. Any thoughts or suggestions?
TheHorseWhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2020, 12:24 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent Engine Noise

No way to tell from where I’m sitting. But just a complete guess in the dark, collapsed HLA?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 01:31 PM   #3
TheHorseWhisperer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
No way to tell from where I’m sitting. But just a complete guess in the dark, collapsed HLA?
CP241-Thanks for the reply. I may be able to post a video later today. The 350 engine has no valve adjustment correct?
TheHorseWhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:46 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorseWhisperer View Post
CP241-Thanks for the reply. I may be able to post a video later today. The 350 engine has no valve adjustment correct?
For the most part, most 350’s have hydraulic lash adjusters. Though I HAVE owned them that were manual like the 290.

If the HLA collapses it can cause noise. It could be a clutch noise also if it goes away once the engine revs up
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 07:37 PM   #5
mrlmd
Gone Wild

Check your clutch. I had a loud knocking noise for quite a while, initially thought it was from the engine but was due to one of those black plastic knobs on the clutch having broken off. Noise was gone when I fixed the clutch. This may not be your problem but take a look.
Is the noise still there in maintenance mode? Pick up the seat and take a look while you run it.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2008.5 club car precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car