lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2020, 08:50 AM   #1
lexingtoncart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Installing (2) 36V Roypow packs in Series

I'm doing a ground up nut/bolt build - all new parts. Batteries are toast, so the sky is the limit. All drive/control parts will be chosen once the batteries are sorted out! I have read as many of these Roypow threads as I can take, and haven't been able to find anyone who has done (2) 36V packs in Series to get a 72V pack? Anyone done this? Am I missing something - is this possible? Roypow sent me a note, last night, saying the 72V pack won't be available until well into next year, so waiting is not an option.

Any/all help appreciated. Thanks
lexingtoncart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2020, 09:39 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Installing (2) 36V Roypow packs in Series

Since the RoyPow Lithium packs do not have any external interfaces with the cart, meaning all they do in case of an LV or HV condition is to shutdown the current path, it is very doable.

You should install two onboard chargers, one for each pack, in order to ensure the proper charging of each pack.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 09:48 AM   #3
lexingtoncart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sergio - thank you. That was the way I was looking at it as well. I had not thought of the dual chargers - but like the idea a lot. The other thought is that if I really want a 72V (single unit) once they are available, I am sure I can find takers for the (2) 36V setups, if only used for 1-2 years!
lexingtoncart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 03:31 PM   #4
Lightning8U
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexingtoncart View Post
Sergio - thank you. That was the way I was looking at it as well. I had not thought of the dual chargers - but like the idea a lot. The other thought is that if I really want a 72V (single unit) once they are available, I am sure I can find takers for the (2) 36V setups, if only used for 1-2 years!
The 51v units sell very well in the used/preowned market right now. The 36v carts using the 38v packs are usually much older and have a lower value, thus it is hard to justify lithium for an older 36v cart. This is just the feedback I get from customers. Also, keep in mind, they only make the 38v in the 105ah now, so there is no 'less' expensive/entry-level 38v pack anymore. Just my $.02. I'd be happy to hook you up!
Lightning8U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 03:59 PM   #5
garveyjac
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sergio, Excuse my ignorance, how would you hook up the dual charger system. Would you have to disconnect the series cable to do that? My cousin has two 24v lithium batteries in series and has had a problem with them staying balanced using a 48v charger. One fills up and the other one doesn't. This could be his answer.
garveyjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium