lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2020, 06:41 PM   #1
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default how does the carb solonoid work 670 Predaror?

Can you explain how the carb solonoid works on 670 Predator? Can I bypass it?
chazdo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2020, 06:48 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: how does the carb solonoid work 670 Predaror?

If it's like the one on a Vanguard, it opens when you switch the key on. Had problems with mine once. Unplugged the wires, removed the solenoid, cut off the plunger and reinstalled. Wires are unhooked.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 02:33 PM   #3
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Doesnt work like the ones on the briggs motors. Looks like it has to engage for the gas to flow.
chazdo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:16 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Most of them need power to open, or they would kill the battery while off and parked. Which means you have to power it with key or mod it so it stays open all the time. So cutting the plunger off so it flows fuel all the time, reinstall it to plug up the hole, is what most try to do. Personally I'd try to mount a slide carb on it and get rid of that, my experience is that they run much nicer. But yes it can be a pain to come up with a intake and airbox and linkage that fit a different carb.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:37 PM   #5
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Most of them need power to open, or they would kill the battery while off and parked. Which means you have to power it with key or mod it so it stays open all the time. So cutting the plunger off so it flows fuel all the time, reinstall it to plug up the hole, is what most try to do. Personally I'd try to mount a slide carb on it and get rid of that, my experience is that they run much nicer. But yes it can be a pain to come up with a intake and airbox and linkage that fit a different carb.
This is what I was saying. I think they all operate the same. Apply 12v to the solenoid, and it opens...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:47 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Those are called "anti backfire solenoids", and yes, it shuts the fuel off when the key switch it turned off. So when 12v is supplied to the solenoid, the magnet pulls a plunger and holds it open as long as the key is on. You can't just unplug it because it will stay closed and won't let fuel through. Yes you have to cut the plunger tip off, super easy.

Here's a video about what we all do to those.

slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps