lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2020, 07:34 AM   #1
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default 670 Predator fuel problem

Anybody have this problem? Im building a 90's EZ-GO. I have the engine mounted and the stock gas tank with the fuel line coming out the top to the predator fuel line and stock predator fuel pump mounted on the engine. It wont start unless I manually prime the fuel line and it runs great! But if the engine sits for a few minutes it wont start even with the choke on. If I manually prime it again runs awesome! I cant find any air leaks. I dont have a filter in the gas tank on the end of the hose but I have an inline gas filter about 4 inches from the motor.
Is the stock fuel pump too small to prime about three ft of gas line? The stock predator set up is gravity fed to the fuel pump from a tank on top of the motor. Any and all help appreciated as always!!!!!! Best sight on the internet!!!! I dabble in everything from snowmobiles to lawn mowers tractors jet skis cars if its got a motor I work on it! So I peruse many sights for help. Not one sight is as helpful and considerate as this one! Some actually get snotty and arrogant if you ask a " dumb" question! I have told anybody who ever asked me any question about anything this: The only dumb question is the one you dont ask!
chazdo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2020, 07:46 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 670 Predator fuel problem

Im Not sure i can help, but i assume the fuel filler cap vent is not blocked?

By the way, you may find we dont get snotty with dumb questions because we have a Bang your head thread we go to when it happens to let off steam.

EDIT. Just had a thought, maybe the fuel is siphoning back to the tank when you switch off, maybe an inline non return valve in the fuel line will help. Some fuel filter have them built in. or better, fit it to the end of the fuel line in the tank?
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 08:54 AM   #3
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks I bet thats it I will get a check valve!!!!!
chazdo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:00 AM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

A pulse pump can lose its prime if the fuel is below it. Often it wont but it can. If your tank is low and you run out of fuel often you have to fill the tank to get them to prime for example. Usually if you dont run out of fuel so no air in the line it will work fine, but one tiny air leak and it will lose prime.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps