lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2020, 12:23 PM   #81
Lightning8U
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RoyPow Concern / Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
Funny you should ask - I just received my replacement yesterday. My dealer actually had it for 2 weeks and we were trying to figure out how I could get it - my dealer is about a 4-hour drive away.

I had to pay to have it shipped back to my dealer (I didn't want to drive 4 hours) and I was going to have to pay to have it shipped back to me from my dealer. Luckily, a co-worker lives close to the dealer and was coming to my location so he picked it up for me.

All in all, I'm fairly satisfied. I'm not real happy to have to pay shipping to and from my dealer. In my mind, the dealer represents the manufacturer and makes a profit when he sells a battery. He should also be responsible when something goes wrong. Whenever I've had a warranty return, I usually had to pay to ship it back, but the manufacturer paid to send me the replacement. Oh well, I have a new battery and hopefully it will last for many years.
Glad this was taken care of for you. As things slow down seasonally and the inventories come back up to normalized levels, the 'local' warehouse is Los Angeles should be able to maintain domestic stock for any warranty replacements in the future. I know that dealer shipment delays are lessening as well. Good luck!

Now let's just get the 'P' series here to US soil!
Lightning8U is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2020, 09:34 PM   #82
theedge87
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post
That looks like an improved design. I think the old ones could be prone to issues if you were to over tighten, or in some cases just properly tighten.
Mine came without studs or nuts. Kind of strange, contacting buyer to see why they sent it that way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg roypow.jpg (172.1 KB, 0 views)
theedge87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 12:01 PM   #83
Lightning8U
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by theedge87 View Post
Mine came without studs or nuts. Kind of strange, contacting buyer to see why they sent it that way.
This is a new style battery. The older battery design had studs as opposed to threads.
Old 12-02-2020, 05:33 PM   #84
mtollin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning8U View Post
This is a new style battery. The older battery design had studs as opposed to threads.
So.... Do they include the screws for these?
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 11:14 PM   #85
Lightning8U
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes, they should come in the same bag that the SOC meter comes in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtollin View Post
So.... Do they include the screws for these?
Old 01-08-2021, 03:41 PM   #86
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
Sorry in advace for how long this post is...

In March I bought the RoyPow 105ah version and was very happy with it driving around our neighborhood that also has some hills. A couple of times while running wide open up the hills, the pack shut off, but would come back on in just a second or two if I took my foot off the pedal. No big deal - i figured I had just hit the maximum voltage output limit.

Last month we trailered our cart to the beach where we drove it 170 miles in 7 days - all on flat roads. On the last couple of days, the pack would shut down and not come back on for a few minutes - plus the positive (+) terminal was really hot. The last day it did it 2 or 3 times. When we got back home, I made sure that I had excellent connections at the terminals.

Just a couple of nights ago (back home), the pack shut down again for a few minutes even though I was not pushing it hard at all. And just a minute or two before it shut down, when coasting downhill, the regen braking shut off and my DVM said the pack was briefly reading 62 volts. Then it dropped back down to the normal 50+ volts and ran normally up until it shut down a minute or so later.

My cart is a CC Precedent with 23" tires, an Alltrax XCT500 controller, and a PQ Executioner motor. When I bought my RoyPow pack I contacted Alltrax to give me the settings I should use to best be able to protect my RoyPow pack from anything that could possible damage the pack and I programmed my controller accordingly.

I understand that the BMS has a voltage output limit and I think that is what was happening when the pack would shut down for a couple of seconds. But I don't know why it is now shutting down for minutes at a time and the + terminal being so hot. Any idea what could be causing this and why it seems to be getting more frequent?

Any advice or suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks!
With an XCT500 and Executioner on the 105S pack from RoyPow, the max current draw is 200A for 10S. I am surprised you are able to drive the cart as hard as you have without the battery tripping.

All of the manufacturers that got into the golf cart lithium business did so with the stock motor and controller in mind. Clueless. Then they started having many complaints about tripping. DUH??? They never addressed the high power that everyone is sucking out of the packs with the heavily modified and lifted carts. This is why Roy Pow is coming out with the 105P version with 315A max for 30s. Supposed to be available in March 2021.

Tech Direct was even worse when it was selling 'golf cart packs' made from Nissan Leaf modules and sporting a 100A BMS. They crashed on a stock cart before it got up to speed.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 04:12 PM   #87
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I've had mine for about 6 months or so and haven't had it cut out yet. I have put it thru some pretty tough creeks and hills. Although we don't have really big hills in central Alabama. I've been happy so far. Would prefer the P version, but not out then.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 04:43 PM   #88
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Mine only trips on long, steep hills if I keep it floored the entire time. I've learned to take my foot off the gas pedal a bit every now and then so it won't shut down. If it does shut down, it's only for a couple of seconds, then it resets and I'm off again.

I've heard where the "P" versions are now in the states and are available to purchase. I will probably be buying the larger "P" RoyPow for my other cart.
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 04:50 PM   #89
HeatWave
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by theedge87 View Post
Studs are a much better way.
I'll be surprised if RoyPow doesn't go back to studs, or at least include them in their kit.
HeatWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 04:54 PM   #90
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatWave View Post
Studs are a much better way.
I'll be surprised if RoyPow doesn't go back to studs, or at least include them in their kit.
My old one had studs. RoyPow had a problem with the old style stud-type connections overheating somehow and shutting down. Mine sure did. The newer style does not seem to have this issue.
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium