lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2020, 03:11 PM   #1
God of Thunder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default G16e Questions (wires and installing something)

Hello! I picked up a new-to-me G16e. After some looking, I can tell its CGTech's favorite! I need to get a new Key switch, and while looking under the front, I see 4 wires....two of which I believe go to the key switch, but looking at the wiring schematic, I don't see these for anything. Can anyone help identify them? I know the ones on the ground go to the key switch, but the ones in my hands, where do they go?

Next - I need to reinstall these two pieces in the compartments. I don't quite understand how to get the screw inside the rubber piece. I "think" the big round circle and the square goes inside the hole? Any tips there?

God of Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2020, 03:38 PM   #2
God of Thunder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: G16e Questions (wires and installing something)

Additionally - the brake pedal. When depressed - it doesn't seem to want to come back to the normal driving position - What would cause it to stay down?
Old 09-11-2020, 12:06 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The spring that pushes the pedal back up has rusted out. It's not too hard to replace as long as the pivot bolt will slide out (not rusted in). Not sure about the 2 other things. Not even sure what the black plastic thing is, or where it came from.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 09:27 AM   #4
God of Thunder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The spring that pushes the pedal back up has rusted out. It's not too hard to replace as long as the pivot bolt will slide out (not rusted in). Not sure about the 2 other things. Not even sure what the black plastic thing is, or where it came from.
The black plastic things go inside the storage holes to prevent stuff from falling out!
Old 09-11-2020, 10:44 AM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

Ok, so it's like molded rubber. And those anchors are ripped out, they will be very difficult to put back in place. Might just want to screw the anchor to the rubber & move on. I'm thinking the pink & black wires were for the reverse buzzer...
Old 09-11-2020, 12:56 PM   #6
God of Thunder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Also. Does anyone know what size nuts go in the studs to hold the S1, etc cables down on the GE motor? The nut I pulled off doesn’t seem to go all the way on, and the nut doesn’t seem to match anything I could find!
Old 09-12-2020, 08:57 PM   #7
God of Thunder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Alright - its entirely possible I am stupid here. But I need some help.....

Here is the two wires to the key switch....

I found this diagram that traces the power.....

the red wire should have power, and then when the key is switched to on, it bridges to the brown wire. At least that's my understanding......however, when I put my meter on the red wire - and on the negative of a battery terminal, I get 0V. But if I put my meter on the brown wire, and then the negative of the battery terminal, I get voltage. How am I having voltage at the brown, but not the red?!
Old 09-17-2020, 07:27 PM   #8
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

I think that connector you're holding goes to the Forward/Reverse rocker switch that mounts next to the key switch. there's only two switches/electrical components in the dash, the key switch and FNR switch. There might be a backup beeper in there but they're usually under the seat on a G16e. The diodes are also under the seat near the controller. Not up in the dash.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:42 PM   #9
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
I think that connector you're holding goes to the Forward/Reverse rocker switch that mounts next to the key switch. there's only two switches/electrical components in the dash, the key switch and FNR switch. There might be a backup beeper in there but they're usually under the seat on a G16e. The diodes are also under the seat near the controller. Not up in the dash.
please study up on G16e drive type & wiring diagrams. G16e was 36v series, no f&r rocker switch on 36v or series drivetrain. You must be thinking of the 48v G19e, it had a rocker switch (but with 3 wires, not 2 wires, like OP is asking about) . Looking at the wiring diagram, the only pink wires are the reverse buzzer circuit.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:22 PM   #10
God of Thunder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just to follow up here - I couldn't find the problem. Took the cart into a shop - and they confirmed that one wire coming off the solenoid was a problem and was stopping the solenoid from working. Additionally, the FNR switch was bad so it was replaced. Cart now works 100%!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha