lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2014, 04:01 PM   #1
bimmerpower
Not Yet Wild

Default Advice on buying G2

hey All,

I am looking to get a used gas golf cart. i race cars, and really could use one for getting around paddock, and carrying crap down to pits. want one with 2 +folding 2 in back.

i have been watching for a while, and everything is 3K+ around here.

i just had one pop up locally. lifted yamaha G2. looks good visually. $2000.

my concerns are on age, and not being a lot of these around anymore. not looking to put $$ into it motor wise etc. can fab up what i need for the rear of it.

is this price out of line? what should i be considering / worrying about if i go look at this tomorrow.

Thanks in advance. i have been reading all i can on the forums to educate myself some.

forum wont let me post pics yet, but if you go to www dot savetheringracing dot com / cart (remove spaces and put in the dots) you can see what i am looking at. Its painted red, looks in real good shape with top.

thx,

wade
bimmerpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2014, 08:56 PM   #2
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Advice on buying G2

Where are you located? That's probably a fair price. It has a lift with stock tires. Engine parts are available. Check for noisey engine and clutches. Jack up and check front king pins, if there to worn will need a arms.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:19 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

If you are comparing a $2000 20 year old cart with a $3000 10 year old cart....I'd buy on age and condition and prob spend the extra $ to get something newer and maybe nicer. For $3000 in my area there are 5 year old carts for sale with rear seats. A G2 is a great cart, but if you don't want to repair....just saying....buy newer. Think of it just like you would if you were buying a car.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:54 AM   #4
bimmerpower
Not Yet Wild

thanks guys.

i am in Rockford IL. looked all around here and CHI. everyone wants 3500+ for a late 90's to mid 2000 gasser.

i see places 5+ hours away with mid 2000 gassers for like 2300-2500, but thats a long haul.

going to look at it in an hour. if it runs / drives good, i will just get it. if not, i see a drive in my future :)

i mostly just wanted to be sure i wasnt being stupid for buying this old of one. i am very mechanical and can maintain / fix it, but dont necessarily want a project. got enough race cars laying around that need attention :)

thx,
Old 02-19-2014, 04:56 PM   #5
redone76
Not Yet Wild

I recently bought a G2 for $800 that needed some work...well a $1000 later in parts and performance upgrades Im happy and proud with my cart. The only thing is that I didnt know it has a factory ignition rev limiter. My cart does about 20mph and thats all she'll ever see. I dont mind cause it going to my river house and will be used by my entire family so its an engine insurance thing. But if I had known proir to buying I think I would've passed. Just passing along the info...
redone76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:46 AM   #6
bimmerpower
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info.

I ended up buying it. motor / clutches / everything really in amazing condition. runs, drives etc like a new one. body in great shape. Paid $1800 for it. Bypassed the governor, and it picked up a little pace, but like you said, no screamer!

thanks all for the advice.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:27 PM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Congrats! Glad it was worth it! How bout some pics?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:26 PM   #8
kawasaki
Gone Wild
Tomberlin

I paid 4,000 for this one. Its got a 7" lift, Toyo a/t tires, 30+ hp Vanguard, Deals r out there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-11-02_17.32.48.jpg (130.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-11-02_17.33.20.jpg (76.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-12-15_15.20.26.jpg (88.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-12-15_15.21.10.jpg (69.4 KB, 0 views)
kawasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:33 PM   #9
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:35 AM   #10
bimmerpower
Not Yet Wild

here is a quick shot of it. replacing the rear seat with a nicer fold down one still.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha