lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2008, 01:20 PM   #1
gcsh
Not Yet Wild

Default Need Help with 2001 Club Car

Hi All
I have a 2001 Electric Club Car I just replace the batterys with 6-8 Volt new Trojan Battries I replaced the old batterys with the new ones one at a time so I would not cross wire I also printed a diagram on the wireing after I was sure the battries were installed fine I ran the Cart I later went to charge the batteries with the orginal 48Volt Charger and the charger reset button just keeps poping I replaced this charger with a new 48 Volt Charger and I am having the same problem Can someone let me know what I have done wrong Do I have the battries wires crosed or what is going on Thanks in advance B.Weber I Can take a photo of my battries as wired or whatr ever else in need to solve this problem
gcsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2008, 01:41 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Need Help with 2001 Club Car

double check your wiring, make sure the batts are run positive to negitive and so on.........sounds like you might have either crossed a wire or miswired one..............when the old batts were in the cart lets say the rear battery on the pass. side thats your #1 battery and the way it sits in the cart the positive terminal would be the closest terminl to the body of the cart and neg. terminal would be closer to the 2 center batteries..........if you didn,t drop the new batteries in the same exact way the old ones came out its real possible to miswire them and i,ll bet thats what you did..........they are wired in series and there should be a diagram here that will show you.....like i said they are cabled positive from 1 battery to negitive on the next battery and so on........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:37 AM   #3
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Post Re: Need Help with 2001 Club Car

Dont want to interrupt anyone but since I have this little drawing, it might help.
Note the battery labeled #1 ,is the same #1 "shadowman" Refers to.
Pay special attention to the "+" and "-" as you follow the wiring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0001.jpg (165.6 KB, 32 views)
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:48 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

G. thanks for throwing that diagram up...................................
Old 09-26-2008, 01:03 PM   #5
gcsh
Not Yet Wild

Hi Guys and Thank you for the reply

I was able to determin that the cart was wired wrong but I now have corrected that problem Now I have a new one The orginal 48 Volt CC Charger is poping the reset button within 5-to-8 sec after it is connected
I have a new 48 volt charger I am using but after approx 1-Hour I am noticing a heavy smell comming from the batterys and a Bubbling sound
the batterys are new I ran them for 10 to 11 hours before I charge them I hope I did not damage them by connecting them the wrong way or Is it possible that somthing else is going on now Thanks In advance ....
gcsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:57 PM   #6
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum gcsh.............
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:01 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

your sure you got them right this time? check again......at this point you might want to load test them and check the cells with a hydrometer to see if you ruined one or more............one last thing we see a lot are you sure you got 8 volt batteries and not six volt? count the water fill holes 4 holes = 48 volt and 3 holes = 36 volt...........................................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car