lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
msjeep4x4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO TXT 2005 PDS motor and controller upgrade

I'm looking for a more powerful controller and motor that will give me more torque and more speed. I also want to convert to 48 Volts. I have been searching online for motors and controllers, but cant seem to find any helpful information on what kind of set i should get. Any advice?
msjeep4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT 2005 PDS motor and controller upgrade

You really don't need to upgrade your motor. On a PDS cart, you need a 400 amp controller and upgrade your wires to 4 gauge. You'll be very happy with this setup

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:24 PM   #3
msjeep4x4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Whats the difference between the pds motor and the other one? if the motor doesnt need to be upgraded, is their a particular control that would give me more speed and lots more torque? I would also like to convert to 48 volts if it isnt to big of a hassle.
msjeep4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #4
Treyfus
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Its all according on how much $$ you want to spend. More speed + more torque = more $$. I had to upgrade my motor last year because it got stuck in water and I didn't dry it out in time so it froze up. I already had done the
4g wires. Then later I upgraded to the Alltrax 400dcx, then just recently I upgraded to 48v (bought a 48v solenoid 2 6v batteries and a 48v charger) and things have improved significantly. So all in all I've got probably close to $1200 invested in the upgrades, but didn't do it all at once so it didn't hurt too bad. Good luck
Treyfus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

PDS motors and Series motors are as different as white and black. Like as said above, it all depends on what you want to spend. A DCX 400 amp controller and a set of 4 gauge cables is the best STARTING point. The cables are a must with any modification and the controller will handle 36 or 48 volts. If you want more, then order a 500 amp controller. You might just realize that the upgrade to 48 isn't necessary for your application. At least wait until you need all new batteries, then buy six 8 volts, 48 volt charger, 48 volt solenoid and new motor ($,$$$.$$)

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO