lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2019, 05:54 AM   #11
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: 99 EZGO 36v To Predator 670

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
That is some cart. I have kept an eye on what performance 670 has to offer. They seem to be the main supplier of speed equipment for that engine. Is that a Vegascarts header or is there another source ? It kind of amazes me how few people here put billet rods in their vanguards when so many of the lawn mower racers tell the tale of losing an engine due to rod failure.
How many actually "race" their carts? I've been running vanguard stock rods for 10 + years. Many different engines many different carts never had a problem. Some common sense applies.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2019, 06:32 AM   #12
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

All I am going say if I did a Vanguard the billet rods would be a must do. That with the valve train upgrades makes them pretty much bullet proof.Along with the fact the billet rods are not very expensive against the total cost of the engine.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:09 AM   #13
stogie
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

raydhd thanks and it is a vc header. It has a muffler integrated into the end of it and its pretty quiet. Not as quiet as the walker muffler i had on the vanguard but close.

I didn't race my cart with the vanguard. My wife was cruising with 3 passengers at probably 4,000 rpm when the rod let go but that engine had been hitting 5k plus intermittently for almost 10 years in the cart so I think the stock rods are probably pretty good. But any replacement engine I put in, be it vanguard, honda or predator was going to get upgraded rods anyway. Based on my shopping research, the performance 670 engine was just a much cheaper way to go than building up either of the other two brands to apples to apples level.
stogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 05:09 PM   #14
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

It is obvious you really did your home work on what can be upgraded on either of these Vtwins to make them ultra durable. I agree with the idea no matter what engine I put in my cart the billet rods would be a must have. P.S. I have the billet flywheel for my VC 460 just haven't installed it yet. One of the things that held me back on the vanguard was the fact with the billet flywheel you need to add an alternator somewhere. It is going to be the same case with building a high rpm VC 625. P.S. The header looked like VC's work. I have not seen anyone else doing mandrel bent headers for the Vtwins but them but I wondered if there was a new player on the scene.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 07:17 AM   #15
stogie
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm regretting not going ahead and getting the billet flywheel on my engine. I had to do some minor trimming and adjusting but the alternator kit from performance670 worked out well and I like not having to worry about the alleged weak charging system on the predator.
stogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 08:37 AM   #16
marlarj
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by stogie View Post
I'm regretting not going ahead and getting the billet flywheel on my engine. I had to do some minor trimming and adjusting but the alternator kit from performance670 worked out well and I like not having to worry about the alleged weak charging system on the predator.
How did you get the alternator to fit. I have a 98 TXT and bought the performance 670 alt kit and it doesn't fit.
marlarj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides