lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2019, 04:01 PM   #21
chrisr32
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZGO Predator Swap- kill switch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorn773 View Post
I got it running and this happens when I get on it hard... is there something wrong/misadjusted with my new clutch?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Had the same problem with a jack-stand test when I first installed which may have allowed the driver/driven not being loaded correctly an allow the driver to expand out more then if under load while driving it, as well as mine was dry and had some slight rust. I dissembled the driver and lubed per the Comet guide and all has been well since and have many hours on it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Calibration-Guide-94C.pdf (362.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf comet 102C and 94C(1).pdf (1.22 MB, 0 views)
chrisr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2019, 05:01 PM   #22
bjorn773
Not Yet Wild

Thanks... but dang... I have to pull the motor back out to get the clutch off. Argh... brand new clutch shouldn't do this.
bjorn773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 05:18 PM   #23
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Do you have the right width belt on it ?
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:26 PM   #24
bjorn773
Not Yet Wild

Yes, 94C specifies 1 3/16" belt, which I verified. I pulled the clutch off (pulled the has tank so it would come out without pulling motor). Some of the pucks were installed incorrectly. I don't know if they were from the factory or from when I tapped them back in place to get the clutch to spring back. Anyway, put them all in correctly and tried it. The clutch cycled in and out ok. A buddy who's a cart tech said the rear diff governor cable may be out of adjustment. I don't have a cable... removed during the swap. Was I supposed to do something with the shaft coming out of the diff?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
bjorn773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps