lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2018, 08:17 AM   #1
350jeepcj5
Not Yet Wild

Default Finally started my EZGO Predator Swap

So three years ago i did some work for a guy in exchange for two ezgo txt. One was in running condition, the other for parts. Well needless to say the one ran but had a broken connecting rod and the other also had a broken rod. I had a 420 sitting there from a previous project so that made the choice clear.

well insert life and here we are three years later and im finally getting started.

Im sure everyone knows what an ezgo looks like with out an engine so ill skip that photo.

Starting to fab up the cradle

Trying to get the height right, and figuring how to keep it level

here's the cradle all finished before paint, I must have forgot to grab a picture after i painted everything but it looked pretty good, guess you'll have to take my word for it.

and a little test fire action. still need to fab up exhaust and intake and set up some kind of choke cable set up.

Here are some pictures of the cart with tire and wheel configuration. I used the rear tires and wheels off of a couple old zero turns. I think it will look pretty good with some paint. need to make up and recover seats for front and back. I am also having problems with getting the clutch to disengage at idle. it is idling right at 1200 rpm but the clutch is pulled in some so it wont let me shift gears and when i do get it to shift, it really wants to take off, can anyone give me some advise on this? I was thinking an upgraded spring? i dont have the money for a comet or i would have bought one to start, im trying to keep this as low budget as possible. mostly so far it has been spare parts.

Thanks everyone! Hope you enjoy.

350jeepcj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2018, 04:56 PM   #2
350jeepcj5
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Finally started my EZGO Predator Swap

Well stayed up till 3:00 this morning getting the cart wired, installed the muffler today with high hopes I could get this issue straightened out with the clutch not disengaging. Fooled around with it for a couple hours, wound up bypassing the governor and can get it down around 1200. Any lower than that and it will die. I’m so aggravated I just wish it was a simple as it should be. I guess I should have just bought the comet clutch.

Last edited by 350jeepcj5; 08-11-2018 at 05:00 PM.. Reason: Added pictures
Old 08-11-2018, 05:14 PM   #3
HBR
Gone Wild

What carb do you have on it?
HBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 06:09 PM   #4
350jeepcj5
Not Yet Wild

It’s the factory carb, stock jetting. I’ve thought about drilling the main jet some
Old 08-11-2018, 06:12 PM   #5
HBR
Gone Wild

If you get the VC adjustable carb you should be able to get the idle down lower. I was able to get into the 900’s.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:14 PM   #6
350jeepcj5
Not Yet Wild

Anything else done to your engine?
Old 08-11-2018, 06:17 PM   #7
HBR
Gone Wild

Originally a bone stock Lifan 390 and then a stock GX390. I have a PZ30 carb on it now. The slide carb works better for me since it was designed to operate all throttle openings.

The VC carb with the adjustable main jet was the way to go with the stock type carb.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:43 PM   #8
350jeepcj5
Not Yet Wild

What is the difference in their carb that you could tell? Which part is adjustable? I drilled out the brass plug on the side of mine so I can adjust it.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:46 PM   #9
HBR
Gone Wild

Their carb has the adjustable pilot jet.

But it sounds like you have that covered now. It takes a bunch of back and forth tweeking between the pilot and idle screw to get the idle down low.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:54 PM   #10
350jeepcj5
Not Yet Wild

Yea I’m struggling with that, i can’t figure out how many turns out on the jet to be.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps