lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2017, 01:04 PM   #1
gsxrsrad1000
Not Yet Wild

Default 98 Ezgo TXT series No Solenoid Click

Serial: 1070666/ 36 Volt - non DCS PDS
Hello, I have read this forum and I am happy to see a lot of DIYers, I am new to the golf cart seen but know my way around tools. I wanted to get some expert opinions out there on the issue my cart is having.

Problem: When I turn on the ignition, put the cart in forward or reverse, and press the throttle pedal, I do not get the "click" from the solenoid. I checked continuity and voltage and all looked well. However, being anal, I replaced solenoid with a new one and still no click.

Current state: Batteries are fully charged and headlights work, I can bypass the solenoid by using +batt terminal and the cart works. All wires are good and show no signs of heat damage.

What I have replaced: Solenoid & both capacitors, reed switch bypass, Floor pedal micro switch, I also removed and cleaned all electrical connections.

What I plan to replace but wanted guidance before possibly wasting money: Controller and F/R switch assembly

What the pros say: The pro's say it's not the controller because in the older ezgo "series" carts, the solenoid was activated before the controller and the solenoid provided power to the controller. Therefore, the problem lies before the solenoid which would incorporate everything that I have replaced and possibly the F/R Switch Assembly which is my last straw before looking at the possible controller.

Any thoughts you may have are greatly welcomed.

Thanks,
Paul
gsxrsrad1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2017, 09:58 PM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 98 Ezgo TXT series No Solenoid Click

Key switch and the micro switch on the forward and reverse switch are the only things you have left out. You're not getting voltage to the small terminals on the solenoid. The circuit starts with the reed switch then goes to the forward micro switch, then to the pedal switch, then key switch then to the solenoid.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:00 AM   #3
gsxrsrad1000
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
Key switch and the micro switch on the forward and reverse switch are the only things you have left out. You're not getting voltage to the small terminals on the solenoid. The circuit starts with the reed switch then goes to the forward micro switch, then to the pedal switch, then key switch then to the solenoid.

Thanks Mgray70, I figured out it was a bad ground coming from the F/R Switch to the negative terminal on the Solenoid. I ran a new ground and Whalaaaa Cart works like a champ. I ordered a new F/R switch since the existing switch looks unkept and signs of corrosion.
gsxrsrad1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:58 PM   #4
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrsrad1000 View Post
Thanks Mgray70, I figured out it was a bad ground coming from the F/R Switch to the negative terminal on the Solenoid. I ran a new ground and Whalaaaa Cart works like a champ. I ordered a new F/R switch since the existing switch looks unkept and signs of corrosion.
Glad to hear! Usually no click on a series cart is a fairly easy fix. (Most of time).

mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO