lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2015, 11:54 AM   #1
coopusga
Not Yet Wild

Question Advice for newbie on buying used electric Club Car or EZ Go

Howdy,

I'm a newbie and have done a lot of searching on the forum and have learned a lot from the enthusiasts here. I'm looking for some advice on some specific questions on do's and don'ts on configuring a used electric Club Car or EZ-Go cart to fit my needs.

I visited the authorized Club Car and EZ-Go dealers in the Austin area over the weekend, and from that experience as well as lurking here, I know that both Club Car Precedents and EZ-Go Freedom RXVs are good carts that will serve me well. I'm a golfer and live in a golf cart community where the carts are street legal. I definitely want electric, and will use the cart primarily to play golf in, and to get me to/from the golf course and the nearby community center. I'm more interested in a comfortable ride and hassle free ownership than anything else. If I can get the cart to do 20 mph, that's ok with me, I don't need to win a race.

I'm considering buying a remanufactured 2011 Club Car Precedent from a reputable nearby dealer. These carts are off lease and will have new batteries, new Club Car body, new tires and a custom seat.

So with that preamble, here are my questions:

I've been advised to upgrade from stock 8" tires to 12" tires. I know I can pick up a little speed, but will the bigger tires result in a more comfortable ride?

Do I need to have the dealer do anything regarding speed codes or other modifications to get me to 18-20 mph?

Anything I need to look for regarding the battery configuration? I know he puts new Trojan batteries in and it's a 48v, but beyond that I don't know if the batteries are 12v, 6v or 8v.

My impression of the EZ-Go was that it's a nice looking cart, there are a ton of happy EZ-Go owners in my neighborhood, and it's supposed to be a very durable cart. But my impression is that the Club Car rides smoother--to that extent the EZ-Go dealer told me I needed to upgrade to bigger tires to have a better ride. Also, the Club Car dealer told me "10 out of 10 EZ-Gos will have major problems with the motor brake." Is the unique braking system in the EZ-Go a real issue?

I wanted to go late model remanufactured used primarily because I don't want to spend the roughly $8,000-$9,000 that a new cart will cost, and I think I can get a remanufactured one for about $5,000 or a little less.

I appreciate any advice you can give me. Thanks in advance.
coopusga is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides