lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2019, 10:43 AM   #1
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default 36 volt

Did ezgo have 36 volt carts in 2014 ? on the TXT. The reason I ask is I have a friend who wants to buy what is supposed to be a 2014. The man said it was 36 volt. I know around 2008 exgo came out with 48 volt on the RXV but just wondering if they still make the 36 volt on any model.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2019, 12:47 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36 volt

The changeover from 36v to 48v was in 2010. There are some early 2010 carts that are 36v but still sepex. All TXT's since have been sepex and 48v. To the best of my knowledge nobody (EZGO, CC or Yamaha) makes series carts or 36v carts anymore and haven't for a number of years.
RXV is 48v and AC since it's introduction in 2008.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:11 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Ask the seller for a picture of the ID tag and post it here for a breakdown.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:39 PM   #4
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Ask the seller for a picture of the ID tag and post it here for a breakdown.
Thanks Scott. He has not answered me . It still could be 48 volt. Many people look at 6 batteries and think 36 volt but they forget they put 8 volt batteries in them. If I hear back I will post what he shows me.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:01 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Trig he could count the caps on the batteries to see if they are 6 or 8 volt.

I no longer assume anything with a used cart. Heck, the guy could have put six 6 volts in a 48v cart.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:30 PM   #6
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Trig he could count the caps on the batteries to see if they are 6 or 8 volt.

I no longer assume anything with a used cart. Heck, the guy could have put six 6 volts in a 48v cart.
You are correct. A friend of mine bought a 2008 Club Cart that was a 48 volt but someone had install 6 new 6 volt batteries in it. They told him they just replaced what was in it but failed to do the cap count. He is cheap so he just installed a marine 12 volt and mounted it in the basket behind seat to get it back to 48 volt. I didn't think it would work but that was four years ago and still working. He did have to replace the 12 volt a few months ago but the 6 volts are still strong.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:42 PM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
You are correct. A friend of mine bought a 2008 Club Cart that was a 48 volt but someone had install 6 new 6 volt batteries in it. They told him they just replaced what was in it but failed to do the cap count. He is cheap so he just installed a marine 12 volt and mounted it in the basket behind seat to get it back to 48 volt. I didn't think it would work but that was four years ago and still working. He did have to replace the 12 volt a few months ago but the 6 volts are still strong.
Dang. If I tried something like that it would never last.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:00 PM   #8
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Dang. If I tried something like that it would never last.
You would just have to know this person. He is lucky. He argued me down that something was wrong with his cart other than a bad battery.

He brought it to my shop and I checked all the batteries. The ones I see did check good. He then told me to check the one that had stuff piled on top of it - the lone 12 volt hidden. It was bad. He told me for now he needed to cart for work so we just put another 12 volt in the basket.

He also told me he didn't charge the batteries until it wouldn't pull the hill where we works. I told him he shouldn't let them get that low. He said he is going on 4 years with same 6 volts and the lone 12 volt so I guess that killed that theory. Said when it does need batteries he will replace all with 6-8 volts and use the 12 volt in his old truck. Quite a character
Old 11-09-2019, 09:41 PM   #9
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

LOL. I know exactly what you are talking about. Some people just have all the luck and don't know it. Went fishing with a friend's dad one day. Got to the lake, put the jon boat in the water. I asked where the battery was for the trolling motor. He popped the hood on the truck, took out the ancient looking regular battery and put it in the boat. We fished all day and it was dark when we got back, had gone miles and miles. Couldn't believe it lasted that long. I told him it would never start the truck. Put it back, turned the key started right up.
This man was the most non-mechanic type and thought nothing of it.

I change the lower unit oil in my outboard motors meticulously and still have had trouble. I have friends who never maintain theirs and they never have trouble.

IDK. Some people just have that luck.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO