lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2019, 09:48 AM   #1
baller32
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Cart dead

So over the weekend I installed a simple battery meter on my 2010 club car. I used the existing wires, all I needed to do was plug them in to the meter. While I was doing that and cutting the hole for the meter, my connection for my light switch came off. This is a light I installed using a voltage reducer, fed into a fuse box. While I was trying to get the wire back onto my switch my pliers sparked something on that switch. Now my cart is dead.
I have no reverse buzzer, I have nothing. I checked my fuse to the light, the fuse to the voltage reducer. I have disconnected the positive and negative battery pack for 15 min and then reconnected and flipped the tow switch to run......
I had the tow switch to off when I was hooking things up, but wanted to make sure the battery meter was working so I switched it on and just left it on because everything was hooked up until my stupid light switch came off. However with it running through a fuse and running through the voltage reducer fuse I didn't think I needed to switch the tow back to off........
Any ideas what happened and how I can fix this stupid cart.
baller32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:55 AM   #2
CoiloverCarts
Getting Wild

Default Re: Club Cart dead

Main fuse in the controller box, there should be a 30a fuse (I believe). It is located behind the black access panel in the bag well or climb under the cart there will be a black cover with 3 to 4 tabs holding it on. In there on the drivers side (usually) will be a large fuse. I bet that is the culprit.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
CoiloverCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:17 AM   #3
baller32
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I will give that a look! Why wouldn't it pop the inline fuse first?
Old 11-08-2019, 10:23 AM   #4
CoiloverCarts
Getting Wild

If you arced the key switch or another component not ran thru your fuse block then that is the inline fuse that would blow to protect the controller, ect

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
CoiloverCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:25 PM   #5
baller32
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yup, fuse was popped in bag well compartment! All is good now!
Thanks CoiloverCarts!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car