lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2021, 08:04 PM   #1
williamsent
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Wheel Offset

I need some help understanding wheel offset. I have a 93 Club Car DS with a 4” Z lift. I got it used from someone else and at the time had 22x11-10 tires on it with a plain wheel. A friend gave me some different tires and wheels when he upgraded, so currently I am running a 22x10-10 tire. The tires need to be replaced and I am wanting to upgrade wheels as well. Another friend gave me a set of 22x10-14 Overkill tires that appear to be the same tire as the Timberwolf tires. My question has to do with offset. I am looking at a “Vampire” wheel to go with these tires and I am finding the same wheel with different manufacturers. The 14x7 GTW Vampire Wheel is listed as 3:4 Offset and the 14x7 MODZ Vampire wheel is listed as ET-25 Offset. What is the difference? I assume one is inches and one is metric, but I can’t seem to find a comparison between the two online. Probably just using poor wording in my search.
williamsent is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2021, 06:18 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Wheel Offset

Don't think the ET-25 has anything to do with the offset, just saying offset.. and even a friend couldn't give me a set of 22x10-14s.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 07:16 AM   #3
williamsent
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So the details for the MODZ Wheel are:
14″ Details
SKU: G1-5402-MTB
14×7 with 4×4 bolt pattern
ET -25 offset.

So I would say that the ET-25 is the Offset. My question is more about the comparison of the ET-25 measurement vs the 4:3 measurement. I would rather have more rubber but they are free and I cant go taller with the lift on this cart.
Old 07-03-2021, 07:27 AM   #4
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Guess your right, I didn't take the - as a minus.

25mm would be 0.984252".. so almost an inch offset
Old 07-03-2021, 07:33 AM   #5
williamsent
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I am assuming that if 25mm is just under an inch or .98425 inches then the ET-25 would be basically the same as the 3:4 offset. My assumption is that the 3:4 is the measurement from the center of the wheel with 3 being inches from the center of the wheel to the inner wheel mounting surface and 4 being the inches from the center of the wheel to the outer mounting surface of the wheel. This would be very close to the -25mm which would be .98425 from the center of the wheel to the inner mounting surface of the wheel. Just trying to confirm before I order wheels. I would ask the store where I plan to order but its a three day weekend and I'm sure I wont have any luck reaching anyone until first of the week. Trying not to miss a sale.
Old 07-03-2021, 07:40 AM   #6
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

You're right on the 3:4
Old 07-03-2021, 08:20 AM   #7
williamsent
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I think the two are basically the same. Now to decide between Gloss and Matte finish. lol. Thanks for the replies.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts