lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #11
grandpa1
Gone Wild

Default Re: club car DS continues to burn up V Glide

I will get a pick. What it is doing is melting the arm that travels across the contacts back and forth.
grandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa1 View Post
I will get a pick. What it is doing is melting the arm that travels across the contacts back and forth.
That's typical ...... how are you using the cart?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #13
grandpa1
Gone Wild

just running around a farm and stuff like that
Old 08-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #14
grandpa1
Gone Wild

so no one has any idea why this continues to do this?
Old 08-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa1 View Post
so no one has any idea why this continues to do this?
Did you miss post #9?

I got a call today from a son who's father had burnt up the 2nd V-glide in the wide open position..... the cart rolled to a stop. He got off and the cart came alive and took off full bore with nobody in it. Yeah ..... V-glide & resistor coils are a dangerous combination in anything other than golf.

The resistor coil cart was engineered for use in the game of golf. It was engineered to carry 2 people 300 yards over a groomed path on 18 inch tires, then rest AND cool. The coils and speed control components cooled in a few minutes. By then the players were ready for another short ride and the cart got to cool again. In this manner or something close to it the cart works okay.

if you add a rear seat or taller tires or take it off road then more power is needed to operate. Volts plus amps = power. Since the voltage stays relatively constant, the amperage draw must increase to meet the demands. Simply put, the amperage draw by the motor exceeds what the components can safely deliver. And this is why we make a solid state conversion kit for this cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:45 PM   #16
electric_ride
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I pulled the V glide and coils out of mine and replaced everything with new solid state components. I have not had a problem since. It wasn't cheap but it's worth it.
electric_ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #17
beau
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_ride View Post
I pulled the V glide and coils out of mine and replaced everything with new solid state components. I have not had a problem since. It wasn't cheap but it's worth it.
I did the same with my 90 cc. Increased the performance and gave me many different upgrade paths.

I'll have around 5k in my cart when I'm done, but it is way cooler than a new stock ride and when complete will smoke one!
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #18
electric_ride
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Same here Beau . I am not sure but I think with all my mods and so forth I still think I'm still under 2k but I am not sure . LOL Yes way cooler than stock plus it's my build and all my building and work. But mine was a wrecked inop so it was given to me just to move it away from their place. It still has a ways until I call it finish but it is SO MUCH fun. Bottom line junk the coils and v glide and finally enjoy your cart the way it is meant to be enjoyed.
electric_ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:53 PM   #19
bailey62
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I am having the same problem. Just replaced 2 v-glides in my cart. The new one is getting very hot so I am trying to find out what the problem is before it burns up! I just use mine for golf. Have you had any luck?
bailey62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #20
bailey62
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have had this cart for 14 years and it just now started to melt the v-glide. Before that it ran perfect and faster than stock golf carts. just a couple mile per hour. It doesn't make sense that it would just all of a sudden start melting!
bailey62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car