lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2008, 04:14 PM   #1
AK-Lynch24
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha G-1 Clutch swap

Hello all, this is my first post, but i have read many of the informative contributions on this site. I have a yamaha g-1 gas cart that i use at a campground that wont get up to speed unless on a declined surface. I pulled the cover back and saw that the clutch housing had a tear/blowout. Up until recently, the cart ran fine, so i figured this was probably the problem. I have the new comet clutch and the puller bolt, but am tentative about jumping into the job and possibly having pieces of my cart laying all over the place. Does anyone have some advice/tips or a service manual that would help me through the job? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
AK-Lynch24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2008, 05:25 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G-1 Clutch swap

I am new also so I may be jumping in at the wrong time. Be very careful when threading in the puller bolt, all clutches do not have the same thread size or backset. Make sure the puller goes in smooth and engages at least 5-6 threads, a little oil on the puller threads helps a lot. If the clutch is stuborn let it sit awhile and tap the end of the puller with a hammer, repeat, repeat. Good luck.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:58 AM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: Yamaha G-1 Clutch swap

Welcome to the forum AK-Lynch24..................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch, yahama
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha