lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #11
sharkbot
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Have you upgraded a Caroche?

Well, I started looking for brakes before everything else and Jake's was the only place who sold the front disc brake kit. I am not affiliated with either place, just wanted to let people know for information sake. I performed a lot of research trying to figure out how to improve a Caroche, but very very few people ever listed where they got parts and how the did it. I was just google searching for an entire package for the electrics and BuggiesUnlimited was the only place I found with full packages, I talked to them on the phone and they were able to sell a package w/o a motor, so I went with them. I will be sure to check out the site sponsors, especially since I am now in the market for tie rods :)
sharkbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

ok was just curios............................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:37 AM   #13
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Hi, did you ever finish Caroche ? I would love to see some pictures, I just purchased 2 of them. In regards to parts it is kind of funny when you call and ask for parts for these carts. I am getting old or the sales people are really young because most of these places never heard of one. I have even sent them the parts list so they would have for future reference. Hope to get working on mine soon. I did have a salesman tell me he had one in his yard that he might sell but to many carts and not enough time.
meangreenmachine72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:10 PM   #14
tey1967
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbot View Post
Thanks shadowman, I was thinking about that too...I do like the frame, tilt bed, and hitch that is on it now. I was wondering if getting a newer cart and adding a lift kit, tires, tilt bed, hitch would be cheaper than just doing the electrics and brakes on the Caroche. I am thinking I could get a new motor, brakes and electrics for about $1400. Problem is that the brake kits sold by Jake's don't seem to be compatible with the Caroche, unless I do some modifications. I don't think I could get a newer cart and make all modifications for under $1400. Hopefully somebody out there upgraded a Caroche, or I am going to take your advice and sell it and upgrade the EZ-GO Marathon I have.
The best upgrade is to get a 2003.5+ Club car DS and put the caroche body on it. I had my motor rebuilt by EMP inc. and it was the switchable redesign. Speed and torque. One thing that limits the caroche is the rear end. It a has a different spline that modern carts so motors have to be rebuilt not just switched. Also, resistor carts are not that great for other than full throttle. The hydraulic brake parts are impossible to find NOS now as well. Too bad because they are awesome looking carts. I sold mine after a cable melted down and exploded the battery when my wife and young nephew were driving it slowly in the woods. That thing could climb crazy hills with the upgrade. the torque would raise the suspension in front and squat it in the back. Awesome reverse slam wheelies. :) Here is a pic of my caroche before my upgrade.

tey1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:26 PM   #15
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

That's cool ! I had been removing all parts over the winter and cleaned them and polished them up which has mad such a nice change. I am hoping to do the frame next, rebuild the brakes and put it back together. Will need new seats originals are shot.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:52 AM   #16
onemorebeer
Gone Wild

I have not been struck by lightning.. yet.. but taking it out this weekend, converted body to fit a 96 DS gas frame, then keeping with the insane, went with a kohler flathead 12hp for pwr.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hot2.jpg (35.9 KB, 0 views)
onemorebeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:04 AM   #17
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorebeer View Post
I have not been struck by lightning.. yet.. but taking it out this weekend, converted body to fit a 96 DS gas frame, then keeping with the insane, went with a kohler flathead 12hp for pwr.
How much work is it to have the body fit on a Ds frame ? I like your cart it's cool. My 74 has plain front and my other has stock headlights? Had roof but collapsed from the snow, it was really brittle. Picked up a Ds top that I may get to fit with some changing of roof struts.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:48 AM   #18
matt0107
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I modded mine slightly with a 600cc street bike engine atv front end and home made swing axle. Caroche power lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140906_200248.jpg (151.6 KB, 0 views)
matt0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:50 AM   #19
gardnerphoto
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have three for sale, eastern NC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (80.8 KB, 0 views)
gardnerphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 02:36 PM   #20
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I am surprised they don't sell ! Did you post in the for sale section ? I have to many carts myself and not enough time. Good luck, looks nice.

Tags
caroche, club car electric
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car