lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2010, 12:14 AM   #1
CamoCart
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Rear Wheel Studs too Short for 3 inch wheel Spacer

HELP!!!!! I installed some three inch wheel spacers on the rear of my 2005 EZGO Txt, however, can only get the lug nuts on very little. The stud will not come all the way out of the lug nut. Is there a way to purchase or extend the studs on current hub? I really want to be able to use the 3 inch wheel spacers.

Please help!
CamoCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
Rodger's Rides
Totally Bonkers!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Rear Wheel Studs too Short for 3 inch wheel Spacer

Camo try taqking one of the studs out and go down to the local auto parts store and see if they can match up what you need. Most have several different ones on hand. Good luck and keep us posted.
Rodger's Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The ezgo in your avatar uses a 1/2x20 threaded lug nut. Can you post a pic of the specers you are trying to install?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
CamoCart
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Here are pictures of the spacer on the hub. Need about 1/2 of an inch on the studs to feel comfortable about this set-up. I do not know what to do to change these out or if I can and need input. Pretty handy once I get direction.

Thx!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spacer1.jpg (70.8 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Spacer2.jpg (72.6 KB, 38 views)
Old 08-29-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
rib33024

Pull your brake hub off , and knock out one of your studs , and take it to the auto parts store and find some studs a little longer, they have lots of them--
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:18 PM   #6
CamoCart
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay, I tried tonight to take off the brake drums but ran into a bit of a problem getting them off the spindle. I am not sure what is wrong but once I took the nut off the spindle I figured the drum would slide off with a few light hits from my rubber mallet. However, was unsuccessful in getting the thing off tonight. Tried putting PB blaster on it and it still did not come off.

What am I doing wrong? I did just realize that the dad gum parking brake was on while attempting this and this may have presented some of the problem. What is the best technique for getting this off.

Thanks!!!!
Old 08-29-2010, 10:28 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoCart View Post
Okay, I tried tonight to take off the brake drums but ran into a bit of a problem getting them off the spindle. I am not sure what is wrong but once I took the nut off the spindle I figured the drum would slide off with a few light hits from my rubber mallet. However, was unsuccessful in getting the thing off tonight. Tried putting PB blaster on it and it still did not come off.

What am I doing wrong? I did just realize that the dad gum parking brake was on while attempting this and this may have presented some of the problem. What is the best technique for getting this off.

Thanks!!!!
I mean Um Yeah
The parking brake expands the brake shoes inside the drum which is why your drum didn't rotate or come off. P.S.
Retorque the Axle nut to 75-140 Ft pds
Old 08-29-2010, 11:37 PM   #8
CamoCart
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, I am officially a dumb ***.... Took the parking brake off and the rear drum came off with one hand. Thanks for everyone helping me now you can make fun of me...

I will be off to the store in the morning to buy some longer studs for my spacers.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:54 AM   #9
CamoCart
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Just went to about three auto parts suppliers and no one has a 1/2 stud that is longer than the standard stud for a 2005 EZGO TxT cart. I need about 1/4 to 1/2 inch more in length than the standard stud. Can someone tell me another plan of action to find this bolt as I am running into a wall everywhere I go.

Thx,
Old 08-30-2010, 09:07 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Exactly how much threads do you have sticking out past the spacer to put the nut on?
I think all the golf carts have about the same length studs, so the spacer manufacture must have had a plan?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO