lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2018, 08:44 PM   #51
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: overriding run/tow switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
HTOWNBLUE. I appreciate your comments and advise but if you read the full thread, you will find your suggestions in the first quote have already been discussed and the issue was solved by overiding the run / tow switch, i never at one point blew off anyones suggestion. What you did not see obviously was some background chat via PM. some of theose original posts were for other people to understand what those discussions were about and the resolve. The original issue and resolve is still in effect.

Your suggestions regarding extending wires and sleeving them etc have been taken as good advise, but, as i have already tried to achieve such remedies, i will point out that the people doing this to our carts simply pulled or cut the wires directly from the speed sensor. Seemingly there is no obvious fix to the problem. I cannot simply remove the speed sensor, as it affects the running of the cart and controls the regen etc. The only way i can see this now being resolved, is to fabricate something to completly cover the speed sensor and associated wiring made of something that cannot be removed or cut without special tooling.

Please do not take this the wrong way, but i am a senoir technician for Golf course machinery and i think i know mostly what i am doing. although I am not an Expert in Electric vehicles and looked for advise from people who know their stuff. No matter how good at something one is, sometimes one can overlook the obvious.

Dont let my post count fool you into thinking i am a newbie, i have been around these forums for many years.

Ok, Crash, i got it now. I just assumed we were showing the same time zone.
If they are cutting the speed sensor wire, look into industrial grade heavy gauge wire conduit used in heavy load lines. You have to **** near have a diamond saw to cut that stuff. Rig up a mount directly to the motor and I would bet you won’t have anyone else cutting that without a torch or diamond saw. You could also incorporate a kill wire into the speed sensor wiring harness which when cut would kill the cart.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2018, 11:59 PM   #52
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: overriding run/tow switch

This is exactly the way i am looking to go. My thought are to see if i can fit a cast conduit fitting over the sensor and then running the wire through some flexible conduit into the cart controller area. The only thing i need to work out is how to fix the conduit fitting to the motor.

Having said this, i have just been informed yesterday that we may actually be getting a new fleet of carts in the next month or so. Looks like i will be scratching my head for a while to solve the same issues with a different brand of cart.
Cartmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car