lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
sharkbot
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Have you upgraded a Caroche?

Hello All,
I am new to the forum and new to golf carts. I have just acquired two electric golf carts for managing my property. One in is a 1970s Club Car Caroche and the other is a mid-80s EZ-GO Marathon. I want to update the brakes and electronics on the Caroche because I drive on very hilly terrain and need lots of torque and lots of stopping power because I also pull a trailer with firewood and brush from time to time. Speed is not important and is very dangerous for me given the terrain. Right now the Caroche is all stock except for a lift kit, large tires, and a dump bed on the back. I would like to upgrade to a PWM motor controller for better battery life, possibly a new motor for more torque, and new front disc brakes. The rear brakes work fine but not when going down a hill, they just lock up and the cart slides all over the place.

Has anyone updated the electrics and brakes on a Caroche before? If so, how did you do it and what did you use? I am thinking the front brakes are the most complicated upgrade for me because I do a lot of work with robotics and think I have the electronics figured out. Is it blasphemous to update a Caroche? From what I see online, it appears they have somewhat of a cult following and vintage appeal. I really just want to turn it into an effective alternative to a Gator, that can be used and relied upon for heavy duty use. If you are a current Caroche owner and need parts let me know. I would be willing to send you anything I replace. Thanks for your help!
sharkbot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caroche, club car electric
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car