lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2019, 08:29 AM   #1
trevinom
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Cart 48V motor max voltage

I recently went from flooded to LiPo batteries.
I ended up with 6x8V modules for a total of 48 volts.
It's a 66AH pack and would like to add a little more range.
Can I safely add another module to make it 7x8?
It will take the voltage to 56V. Can a 48V stock controller handle 56V?
I'm assuming the controller will be the one impacted by the change rather than the motor.

Any thoughts?
trevinom is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2019, 09:46 AM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Cart 48V motor max voltage

Which drive system do you have in the cart? There would be a couple things to consider, the first being that I haven’t ever seen a 56v charger...
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:43 PM   #3
trevinom
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
Which drive system do you have in the cart? There would be a couple things to consider, the first being that I haven’t ever seen a 56v charger...
Crap.
I hadn't even thought of that.
I figured my current 48 volt charger would work.
I have Nissan leaf cells. I think they are G1.
trevinom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 08:02 AM   #4
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

There are many of us on here using either 7 Nissan Leaf modules, or 14. This gives 58.8 volts, or is it 58.4... Anyway, from research I have done, it seems most components designed for 48 volt systems, can handle up to 60 volts.

However, most of us running these setups have aftermarket controllers and motors. So I'm not sure how the stock controllers and motors would hold up to the additional voltage.

What charger do you have? Are you using a "Club Car" charger? You can always get one that is designed specifically for lithium. Most can be adjusted by the user for charging to a specified voltage. Of course a BMS is recommended to keep all the cells in the pack balanced.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car