lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2014, 05:07 PM   #1
somfas
Gone Wild

Default Help with purchase, gas or electric, CC or Ezgo

Hey, hope this is an appropriate area for this post. I want to get rid of my two carts and get a lifted 6 seater cart. I just wanted your thoughts on gas vs electric and EzGo vs Club Car. I know opinions vary and there are pros and cons too each, but I would certainly like to hear them if you don't mind sharing. My current experience is with a modded EzGo TXT, so I know those well. I also have a Gem. I want the new cart to do 25mph minimum, thats what mine do now. Will there be fumes associated with the gas engine? I assume so but really don't know. They are more expensive when they are new; because they are better? Do they bog down uphill like the electrics? Also, I hear about speed chips for Club Car. Is it that simple to speed them up? If I wanted a stretched club car to hold 25mph (preferably 28+) on flats and only have minimal slowing on a hill; can a chip do that? Or would I need to replace motor, controller, etc? In the EzGo lineup, I am interested in the RXV and understand there have been brake issues with the pre-2010 models. Are the later models more reliable? Can a stock RXV, lifted and stretched, really hold 30mph as advertised. Sounds like they need to be programmed that way, but is it that simple? No need for aftermarket products? Would you go with an RXV or modded TXT (PDS or Series)? Thanks so much for reading all of this and thanks for the input.
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #2
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Default Re: Help with purchase, gas or electric, CC or Ezgo

rxv should be limited to under 20 mph (at least in G.A.)
never seen a (standard) electric golf cart that could hang with rxv on hills
Drive one and see.
Brake problem you mention is PARKING/EMERGENCY brake.Normal braking is
accomplished with motor and controller (Regenerative Braking)
no brake pads or drums or rotors.
New Parking brakes on rxv much better.But if it starts going bad REPLACE don't wait .
Watch for trojan 12v batteries on rxv- have seen plenty of problems with them
especially fleet carts with auto water systems.
many "Brake problems" where cart suddenly locks brakes while driving are really battery problems. (See rxv brake problem III thread)
Crown batteries give us good service/reliability.
Als rxv controller and wiring is not "USER FRIENDLY" for mods.When trying to add accessories they CANNOT be WIRED IN to existing wiring. example:
***ADDING State of charge meter to KEY SWITCH will blow motor controller ****
use extreme care adding to rxv .never "wire into" rxv control harness.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #3
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with purchase, gas or electric, CC or Ezgo

I think you are asking a lot of an electric 6 passenger cart! It is difficult enough to what you want with a 4 passenger 48v cart with a high amp controller. I have limited experience with gassers, but I'm betting that it would take a big block engine to hold those speeds with as much weight as a stretched cart and 6 adults would be.
720Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO