lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
BrianFishe
Not Yet Wild

Default RE:RXV Sudden Accleration From Stand Still

Hello everyone, My father was loaned a 2008 electric rxv. As he took of from a stop the cart suddenly accelerated out of control and crashed. Has anyone every experienced issues with the rxv model.
BrianFishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
lococummins
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Sudden Accleration From Stand Still

I have never heard that...they are a little slow to take off but really get moving in a hurry after that. Mistake throttle for brake???
lococummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
BrianFishe
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the idea, but he made several large circles before crashing
Old 12-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
cartboy
Gone Wild

As the originator of the Everything That Can Be Wrong with a Golf Cart is Wrong with the RXV type threads on this forum,

No.

That's one problem I've not encountered.
cartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I do know EZGO replaced alot of gas pedals on these carts for some reason. I am not sure way they did, but they did. Kinda like the BBB gas pedal recall. they did the same thing.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:43 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I drove my son's Toyota for a while, when he was in college. Some year models were experiencing the same sudden acceleration problem. I looked at it as a positive, as I told folks not to mess with me, as I had a license to kill.

Sorry Judge, the thing had a mind of its own.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #7
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have 2 RXV's one stock one lifted. Have not had a single problem with either one. I could not be happier with them.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #8
BrianFishe
Not Yet Wild

Read online where 2 deaths have been reported while driving the rxv from sudden accleration, lawsuites have been filed against EZ GO due to the design of the pedal box,
Old 01-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This would be the worse one I found.

== In Nov. 2010, attorney Larry Schad was standing near the 14th green at Evanston Country Club in Skokie, Ill. when his unattended golf cart suddenly accelerated, running him down and killing him, according to a wrongful death lawsuit filed in May 2011.
The suit blames both Evanston Country Club and the golf cart manufacturer, Textron Inc. of Rhode Island, for an accelerator that was allegedly faulty and not properly inspected and maintained.
“The evidence would indicate Schad had gotten out of the cart and was in front of the cart, and it suddenly accelerated without his knowledge, knocking him to the ground, with the cart riding up onto his body,” said Richard F. Burke Jr., an attorney representing the Schad family in the suit.
Schad, who had been golfing alone, was found trapped under the golf cart. At the time, authorities said he died from “multiple crushing injuries.”
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #10
BrianFishe
Not Yet Wild

E-Z GO is in for a lot of trouble after a legal case was filed against them in the U.S. the from the clients of lawyer Richard Burke.

Burke said that E-Z GO RXV has some issues with its accelerator pedal, “It allows debris and gravel, stones, sands, the type of things that are present on golf courses, to fall around and immediately beneath the accelerator pedal.”

The suit filed by Burke alleges that the debris interferes with the braking mechanism or may cause the RXV to accelerate unexpectedly.

So far, there have been two documented cases of fatalities in which the RXV was involved. The most recent accident involved a CEO from Edmonton, Glenn Thordarson. And the other involved a man from Illinois in which the RXV ran him over.

Textron, which owns E-Z GO, denies any liability.

Investigators are now looking at all angles concerning the deaths, from the mechanical condition of the golf carts to the physical condition of the those involved in the accidents.

Published: July 16, 2012

Author: Diane Araga

Source:CBC/

Tags
rxv auto-brake problems
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO