lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #21
villajoe
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anybody Florida street legal?

i just got mine from scotty b!
villajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #22
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post
Nice VillaJoe!! I can't wait - are you gas or electric?

What's your range if battery?

Thinking I may have to strategically place chargers around town at friends homes, just in case
I periodically check battery performance data using GPS. Here is a couple of examples:

Oct. 8, 2010. OAT 70 degrees. Tires at 22 PSI. 450lbs of people aboard. 15 Mo. old T-105s.

Battery voltage 12 hours off charger = 38.4
after 9.6 miles = 37.9 15%
after 17.8 miles = 36.9 35% Batt. meter down 4 bars ~1/2
Average Speed 10.7

May 23, 2011: OAT 85 degrees. Tires 22 PSI 6-700lbs. of people aboard.
18.5 miles = 37.1 30% used (70% remaining) meter half way
average speed 10.4
* D297 motor.

Battery voltages are taken with hand held DVM. Cart is equipped with curtis led SOC meter(OEM). All on paved cart paths and roads. Batteries are Trojan T-105s purchased as a set in July '09(G9) and have been maintained as suggested by Trojan Battery co. and here: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/.
May entry is after motor change to a GE D297 high speed motor which will push cart to 20MPH.

Your mileage may vary. I have found tire pressure, outside air temp and throttle restraint to have noticeable affect on range.

Edit: Sorry. This should probably be in a different thread.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #23
villajoe
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

that's good info kernal, now i'm curious what i can push my cart to!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #24
bret
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So it seems like the law says, if you have an LSV, which is b/t 20-25 mph, then you are bound to 35mph roads or less.

What if your cart goes 30mph? It is not considered an LSV? What is it considered to be in that case? Can you get it street legal?

320.01 Definitions, general.--As used in the Florida Statutes, except as otherwise provided, the term:
(42) "Low-speed vehicle" means any four-wheeled electric vehicle whose top speed is greater than 20 miles per hour but not greater than 25 miles per hour, including neighborhood electric vehicles. Low-speed vehicles must comply with the safety standards in 49 C.F.R. s. 571.500 and s. 316.2122.
bret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #25
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

No way around it, unless you state it goes 25

No way to drive it on 40 mph though, only 35 and under
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:39 AM   #26
villajoe
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

bret, they don't clock you when you take it to get a tag. so just say 25.

also, the cops don't really know the rules. some see me and ask questions, i say i can go on roads 40 and under and they don't say anything. i drive on 40 mph roads for brief stints, i go about 35 though.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #27
zx104u2nv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hi, I live in Lakeland, Fl and I too am about to take the cart to get tagged. I'm only waiting for the orange triangle in the mail and I need to install my wiper also that I just received yesterday and I'm DONE with the carts needs!
My question is? Are there any tricks or tips for filling out the paper work and receipts, getting it weighed, and where do I need to take it too to get tagged?
I can't wait. This has been over a year process buying things here and there. It sure does add up.
Thanks for any help, suggestions, and advice.
zx104u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:04 AM   #28
flsgs
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx104u2nv View Post
Hi, I live in Lakeland, Fl and I too am about to take the cart to get tagged. I'm only waiting for the orange triangle in the mail and I need to install my wiper also that I just received yesterday and I'm DONE with the carts needs!
My question is? Are there any tricks or tips for filling out the paper work and receipts, getting it weighed, and where do I need to take it too to get tagged?
I can't wait. This has been over a year process buying things here and there. It sure does add up.
Thanks for any help, suggestions, and advice.
Im in Ponce Inlet area and just completed the process. Called the DMV and they emailed me the 3 forms I needed and a checklist. All that has to be completed and mailed in and then they will call you with an appointment for inspection. If you're in Lakeland I'm guessing you'll have to go to Orlando (?) Once I filled out the paperwork I emailed it back to them to make sure I had done it correctly... I hadn't but they went thru it step by step with me so when I actually mailed it, it was all correct. We took it to a scrap yard to be weighed. Make sure you have receipts for EVERYTHING! (license plate light, holder, triangle, etc)

They do require you to have proof of insurance (with PIP and all) before you can get it registered. When they called me for the inspection appt they were able to give me the VIN # that was going to be assigned so my agent could add it to my policy.

Good luck with it.. It is quite the process!
flsgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #29
bret
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Joe...Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be cough cough...street legal.... cough cough on 40mph roads then. lol
bret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #30
zx104u2nv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by flsgs View Post
Im in Ponce Inlet area and just completed the process. Called the DMV and they emailed me the 3 forms I needed and a checklist. All that has to be completed and mailed in and then they will call you with an appointment for inspection. If you're in Lakeland I'm guessing you'll have to go to Orlando (?) Once I filled out the paperwork I emailed it back to them to make sure I had done it correctly... I hadn't but they went thru it step by step with me so when I actually mailed it, it was all correct. We took it to a scrap yard to be weighed. Make sure you have receipts for EVERYTHING! (license plate light, holder, triangle, etc)

They do require you to have proof of insurance (with PIP and all) before you can get it registered. When they called me for the inspection appt they were able to give me the VIN # that was going to be assigned so my agent could add it to my policy.

Good luck with it.. It is quite the process!
What if you don't have the receipts, can you say you bought the cart like that? How would they know any differently?
zx104u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO