Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts
Golf Carts and Parts *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Used Alltrax controller

I am looking at buying a used DCX500 Alltrax controller for a Club Car IQ cart. The controller is to be like new shape. The date on the controller is Feb. 2010. The guy is asking $350.00 I offered $250.00 What is a used controller worth?
gcs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Default Re: Used Alltrax controller

I'd run with the $350, that's a good deal. Alltrax is the best to my knowledge and they hold their value. I was about to buy a used 500amp programable at @$450.00 and that was a good deal.
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is the Alltrax factory warranty transferable?
Old 12-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #4
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

I just scored a 500 for $320 from a friend....like I said, a friend. Better grab that one for $350. Those run between 5 and 6 hundo.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:43 PM   #5
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

I believe there websites states they are transferable. Goto Alltrax....com.
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:50 PM   #6
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the info. I was looking to buy a new Alltrax after christmas, but this deal came along. I just haven't priced used controllers, I wasn't sure if a used controller held its value. I think I'm going to give what he is wanting. Thanks again for the help, Greg
Old 12-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Alltrax techs have told me that controller damage is accumulative. I have heard this from other controller techs, so be sure there was no problems with the previous owner. G.L. $350 for a used one or $420 for a new one? Not too much price difference if the old one could be compromised.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:45 AM   #8
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

The guy told me it works fine and there is nothing wrong with it. The only reason he took it off is to put a 600 amp controller on the cart. This guy I'm going to buy it from builds custom carts. I think he is selling for the owner of the cart he's building. I offered $250.00 for it. He got with the owner and told him what I offered and the owner told him he will take it. I got it for $250.00, I guess I'll find out soon enough if I got a deal or got burned. Thanks for the info., Greg
Old 12-12-2010, 09:19 AM   #9
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like a great deal at $250, but of course you are always taking a chance on how its been treated? I agree with SCOTTYB that damage is accumulative and its almost impossible to know outwardly what life is left? I have seen some used controllers that had dark heat looking stains on outside that were sold as almost unused? I also wonder why anyone with a 500 amp IQ controller would be selling it as I understand thats about as high as a shunt motor field windings of very light material can stand? I could be very wrong but??? I would check with TahoeDawgZ71 as he works with IQ all the time. Look back at his old posts as I seem to remember him talking about IQ max controller amps?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:45 AM   #10
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

I know what your,re saying. I know that IQ motors is rated at 500 amps max. I'm going to program this controller around 80%. Why would anybody want to put a 600 amp controller on a IQ setup, I don't know. I'm rolling the dice on this controller. If it works out I've done good. If not, this isn't the first thing I have ever lost on. I've got my fingers crossed. Thanks guy's, Greg
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts