lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
cart newbee
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default setting pulsar coil ?

I know that the pulsar coil is held down by two screws on a ring with sloted holes to alow adjustments. here are my questions ( '83 244cc two stroke )
1) what is the gap setting ?
2) is the gap set to the crank or to the magnet on flywheel ?
3) if it is set to flywheel, how do you see to adjust ?
I'm new to the cart world and i know these may be stupid questions but i can't find any info on setting this part. Thanks for any help you can offer.
cart newbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: setting pulsar coil ?

I believe the gap is going to be fine no matter where you set the ring, turning the ring adjusts the spark timing (not the actual gap for the pulsar). Mine is set right smack in the middle of the slots and works just fine, turning the ring counterclockwise should advance your spark and clockwise retards it - make sure if you're going to mess with it though that you check your running in both forward and reverse though, as these motors run backwards in reverse so if you advance the spark one way it'll retard it the other, you need to find that balance where it runs good in both directions.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:37 AM   #3
cart newbee
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks. Ithought it was more like points, but i guess it is more like a trigger for the spark. Like i said, it was a dumb question.
cart newbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

there ARE no dumb questions with these things - a lot of stuff "looks" normal but really isn't, so it's always good to ask first and save yourself a ton of headaches, I've found!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO