lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #1
Charlotte515
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Alltrax 650 amp Axe controller

1996 CC DS series, I have ordered and received the controller. I am talking with PQ to mate it with one of their after market motors that will do 30 mph with stock tires. The cart does have a rear seat.

One reason I chose Alltrex was for the ability to enable the 50% amp limiter. (through a keyed switch)

My plan is with that enabled and a mechanical limit on the accerator pedal I can slow down the spead and reduce the initial torque enough to feel comfortable letting my wife drive the cart and eventually my daughter without the fear of them stomping on the accelerator and dumping someone off the back seat.

Has anyone tried to limit a carts speed/torque and did it work?
Charlotte515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2009, 10:03 PM   #2
wizzardcarts
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default re: Alltrax 650 amp Axe controller

hook up 1/2 speed reverse on a switch will cut back in fwd&rev
wizzardcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:08 PM   #3
Charlotte515
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzardcarts View Post
hook up 1/2 speed reverse on a switch will cut back in fwd&rev
That's what I am told but does it reduce the torque enough to not be too jerky on takeoff? I am new to carts and have no idea the amount of torque 50% will produce.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #4
impalass88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Set the throttle up rate to a higher number. The higher the number (1 to 15), the slower the motor ramps up. You will still have plenty of torque, it just won't hit so hard you pull wheelies or throw someone of the back. Try starting at 7 and go from there until you are happy.
impalass88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:22 AM   #5
cibach
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

keep us posted on this I am getting ready to build up a electric and will be watching this ..

thanks
cibach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:13 AM   #6
Charlotte515
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalass88 View Post
Set the throttle up rate to a higher number. The higher the number (1 to 15), the slower the motor ramps up. You will still have plenty of torque, it just won't hit so hard you pull wheelies or throw someone of the back. Try starting at 7 and go from there until you are happy.
Once in the cart what is is the easiest method to program. I am going to set up 2 9 volt bats in series to power it on the bench. Not sure about having the accelerator engaged once in the cart. Seems like it would be easier to use the 9 volts packs with the bat terminals diisconnected.

Whats your method?
Old 12-13-2009, 11:44 AM   #7
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Did't even know they made a 9 Volt flooded battery ?
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #8
Charlotte515
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmorrison View Post
Did't even know they made a 9 Volt flooded battery ?
manual says use 2 standard 9 volt bats, the small radio type
Old 12-13-2009, 12:25 PM   #9
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax 650 amp Axe controller

2???...I have one see it say 1 nine volt batt. Thats how I pre-program all mine. 2 is a new one to me.

(not lead acid, the regular ole 9 volt batts you get just about anywhere.)
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:41 PM   #10
impalass88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax 650 amp Axe controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte515 View Post
Once in the cart what is is the easiest method to program. I am going to set up 2 9 volt bats in series to power it on the bench. Not sure about having the accelerator engaged once in the cart. Seems like it would be easier to use the 9 volts packs with the bat terminals diisconnected.

Whats your method?
You should be able to program the controller while in the cart by just hooking up your computer. The carts batteries provide the power to the controller. Just hook up the cable to the controller and your laptop, run the cable out from under the seat, have someone else drive, and while you cruising around make your adjustments. This lets you try your settings right away. This is a fun thing to play with too. The last tab in the controller software is "Monitor". You can watch and see your battery voltage, battery current, and output current as well as a few others. If this is too much of a hassle for you or you don't have another driver, just go ahead and use the method you used for bench programming. Hope this helps.
impalass88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car