lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2009, 09:13 PM   #1
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1996 CC build thread

Hey guys, im rebuilding my 96 CC and i have been facing some problems and instead of posting thread after thread, i figured id sum them up in one and yall can help me move along and see what has been taking place. well, ill list hte problems that im having and im hoping all of yall can provide some assistance.

problems:

Throttle-it has a Potentionmeter and im not sure if it works or not, im considering upgrading to the MCOR if it does not work. I would like to test it though before i spend the money on teh MCOR. is it possible to test it without a motor in the cart? also, is the MCOR worth upgrading to?

Motor Bolt-as i was taking the bolts out of the motor to get the motor off, one of the heads snapped off. I am aware of tap and dies BUT.....is this the best way to go?
BlackHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #2
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Default Re: 1996 CC build thread

What type controller potentiometer do you have??

and if only 1 head snapped off a bolt, did you get the motor off... did it leave any of the bolt shaft behind?? Or is it flush with the case??
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #3
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

i dont think its the v-glide...if thats what you mean. as far as the bolt goes, just hte head snapped off and so the bolt is still in AND i did NOT get the motor off....great
Old 07-01-2009, 11:04 PM   #4
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

do you have a black plastic pie shaped box between the batteries under the drivers seat that the throttle rod attatches to??

as far as the bolt...take the rest of the bolts out, get the motor off and then grab the bolt shaft with some vise grips as low as you can go to the case, heat the case gently with a propane torch as it is aluminum there, and the bolt should free up...also spray with penetrating oil once it starts to free up. not before or else you will have a fire on your hands
Old 07-01-2009, 11:21 PM   #5
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

well if you have that plastic boxy thingy dingy between the batteries---read this thread. heres your answer how to test.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ttle-only.html<<----click here
Old 07-02-2009, 05:29 AM   #6
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

what if i said that the bolt broke off flush with the case.........im in a pickle here haha
Old 07-02-2009, 07:22 AM   #7
pjshane
Getting Wild

Club Car

If the head is broken off, that bolt should not be holding anything. Just remove the other bolts and slide the motor off the remaining stud. Perhaps we do not understand the problem and a photo would help.

If the bolt has twisted off level with the differential case, that's a whole different and bigger problem. I don't see how the bolt would twisted off unless attempt to remove it was clockwise.
pjshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:17 AM   #8
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I can get a pic for you guys this evening when I get back to the cart. It was pretty rusty so i'm going to guess that the oxidation had crept it's way into the threads. I've never removed a motor before so...is the bolt hole on the case threaded? Or does that part of the case get pinched between the bolt head and the motor and therefore holds the motor on?
Old 07-02-2009, 04:59 PM   #9
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

ok, got the motor bolt part taken care of. but now.....to get the motor off. i have tried the beating it with a rubber mallet towards the axle to loosen it up but nothing. i have the seam between the motor and differential case soaking with some penetrating fluid. anything else i can try? i dont care about this motor because it is being replaced so i can tear it up if need be
Old 07-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #10
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

if theres 2 little screws on the back of the motor--take those out. They hold a bearing retainer, which holds a bearing in place, which is pressed onto the motor main shaft. Removing these 2 screws may allow you to beat and loosen and pry off the outer motor casing. This you can deal with the stuck armature a little easier with the motor casing out of the way.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car