lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2019, 10:13 AM   #21
mgray70
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Alltrax controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck2400 View Post
I called Alltrax and they advised me to reverse the A1 and A2 cables on the motor, I did, but it didn’t make any difference, I’ll call them again tomorrow
You should have switched f1 and f2 like Walter mentioned above. I'm sure that's what Alltrax meant to say. It's easier to switch them at the controller.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2019, 10:33 AM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You still need to figure out why the cart runs in Neutral.

I also think that for a 36v cart, 46v is a better setting for over voltage and no less than 34v for the low voltage cuttoff.

Remember that those settings can only disable the Controller if the voltage is outside that range when You try to start the cart, but the controller cannot cause either of those conditions with a running cart.

I wrote a thread on this subject (Alltrax over and under voltage settings) when I ran some tests on my XCT controller.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...all-wrong.html
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:22 PM   #23
Canuck2400
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

My biggest worry right now is, when I put the FNR (rocker) switch in neutral and depress the throttle pedal it goes forward, I’m a little Leary to do anything with the switch, last time I tried another one the controller died on me
Canuck2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:49 PM   #24
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
What a mess. The PDS does not use a resistor. It does require 2 diodes. One 6a is supplied by Alltrax and a small 3a one has to be acquired if your supplier does not give them away like we do
Welcome to Canada! :( Golf cart parts and good suppliers are hard to come by. You would do well here in Canada if you opened up a shop here ScottyB.

I have one good supplier that I work with in the Toronto area. Largest city in the country and you would be hard pressed to find an Alltrax controller in stock here. :(

You can get the basics but, if you blow a bearing encoder, need an MJZ-400amp, resistor coil for an RXV, etc... You are waiting 10 days for something to be shipped. Good luck getting a wire harness!

As well, everything is 2x the price as it would be in the US! Then add on 13% sales tax! Oh and if you want to use a credit card another 2.5%!

Golf cart culture here is limited to a large trailer park near Fort Erie. I often have to have stuff shipped to a UPS store in Buffalo and pick it up myself. :(

Most dealers here haven't ever put in an after market controller. :( (By here I mean Greater Toronto Area / Golden Horseshoe.)
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:11 AM   #25
Canuck2400
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I know —- that’s the problem , but be thankful for the guys on this forum, at least when we get parts they will help guide us thru in the installation —- an example on pricing— by the time I had the new Alltrax controller in my hand it was about 850.00, that’s why I’m being careful with this one, the first one was faulty, am trying to figure out how to send it back. I have found a golf cart mechanic , but he isn’t really familiar with the Alltrax controller, so I will probably depend on the guys here to guide me thru, they have been great so far
Old 07-10-2019, 06:32 AM   #26
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Look at the diagram JohnnieB posted, the FNR is supposed to interrupt power to the Green wire (Run) when in Neutral.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:56 AM   #27
Canuck2400
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes—- I have read that—- I have tried 2 different switches ( both new), so I’m thinking it must be in the wiring, but I’ve tried the wires on the different posts on the back of the switch— still doesn’t work, although the wire harness is new, I’m wondering if there is s problem there ?
Old 07-10-2019, 07:07 AM   #28
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Don't try random connections, post a picture of the switch showing the wire connections and folks may spot the issue.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:47 AM   #29
Canuck2400
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

OK—— I’ll do that when I go out a bit later
Old 07-10-2019, 10:33 AM   #30
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
As well, everything is 2x the price as it would be in the US!
You do realize that is because of Canadian tariffs.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO