lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2019, 01:26 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Alltrax controller

Here is a schematic for an XCT in a PDS, showing location and orientation of the two diodes. Read the notes on the right side of the page.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XCT-PDS with regen diode -2.jpg (233.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2019, 02:22 PM   #12
Canuck2400
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks , I just have gotten some bad info, the supplier who I bought the country and solenoid from said use the diode and resistor( I think ) that came with the solenoid, they didn’t sent any with the controller—— that being said, it’s hooked up and when flip the tow/ run switch and turn on the ignition I get 4 green blinks, then 1 green and 2 red indicating low voltage—- the pack voltage is 38.1
Canuck2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 02:34 PM   #13
Canuck2400
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I forgot to mention the solenoid clicks in Forward, reverse and neutral, but doesn’t move in any of them
Old 07-08-2019, 03:43 PM   #14
Canuck2400
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I adjusted the settings with the computer, now it goes in reverse when selected, and goes forward when selected, but it also goes forward when in neutral, and same as before, a lot faster in rev. than for. Even tho I have the reverse throttle set to 50%. Any ideas what to look for? Thanks
Old 07-08-2019, 04:02 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

What a mess. The PDS does not use a resistor. It does require 2 diodes. One 6a is supplied by Alltrax and a small 3a one has to be acquired if your supplier does not give them away like we do

Please explain what settings you adjusted to make it go.
And how many times does it blink green when first powered up before going solid green? If you posted this I missed it

Go to the monitor screen and see if the controller thinks it is in reverse when it is in forward.
The low voltage could be undervoltage setting is too high on the opening screen. should be 28 for 36v and 38 for 48v.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:10 PM   #16
Canuck2400
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Scotty—- I adjusted the low voltage — it was set for a 48v so it was set high—- I set it to 26 low voltage and 40 high voltage —Alltrax said to set it to 46v, or maximum. I’m not out at the garage now, but I will post the other info in the morning ——- does it make a difference that I upgraded to a 400A solenoid from a 200, the 200a would faintly click, but the cart wouldn’t move, a mechanic came out and said it needed a 400a. The codes are 4 green flashs, then solid—— they were 1 green and 2 red until I reset the los voltage setting. Hope this makes sense. Thanks again for your help
Old 07-08-2019, 07:24 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck2400 View Post
Thanks Scotty—- I adjusted the low voltage — it was set for a 48v so it was set high—- I set it to 26 low voltage and 40 high voltage —Alltrax said to set it to 46v, or maximum. I’m not out at the garage now, but I will post the other info in the morning ——- does it make a difference that I upgraded to a 400A solenoid from a 200, the 200a would faintly click, but the cart wouldn’t move, a mechanic came out and said it needed a 400a. The codes are 4 green flashs, then solid—— they were 1 green and 2 red until I reset the los voltage setting. Hope this makes sense. Thanks again for your help
Set the over voltage slider to max (62V).

When set at 40V, your cart won't run if the battery charger has just turned off. 36V chargers typically climb to 45V or more if it is a modern charger. Also, if you use regen braking, the pack voltage can easily climb above 40V if the battery pack is near 100% SoC and your going down a hill. Won't hurt anything, but you'll have to sit and wait until the battery pack self-discharges to 40V or below before the cart can be driven.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:11 PM   #18
Canuck2400
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks again for your help, I’ll adjust it in the morning—— this forum is great, my cart would be a pile of trash without you guys—- thanks again
Old 07-08-2019, 09:14 PM   #19
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
a lot faster in rev. than for. Even tho I have the reverse throttle set to 50%.
F1 and F2 are reversed. A common Alltrax problem
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 10:18 PM   #20
Canuck2400
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I called Alltrax and they advised me to reverse the A1 and A2 cables on the motor, I did, but it didn’t make any difference, I’ll call them again tomorrow
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO