lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2019, 12:44 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: where to get copper buss bar and terminal covers?

Did they give you any specs on how much current that circuit board can carry?

Please post a picture of the underside of the board where the current carrying copper traces are located.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2019, 01:15 PM   #12
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Do you have a link or part number to see what it looks like?
Not sure if link to other businesses is allowed so I am going to post this photo of what I ordered. It should be here tomorrow. You should be able to click on it to see a larger image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg busboard.JPG (76.8 KB, 0 views)
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:18 PM   #13
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Did they give you any specs on how much current that circuit board can carry?

Please post a picture of the underside of the board where the current carrying copper traces are located.
Sorry, they didn't have a photo of the bottom, but if it comes tomorrow I'll snap a photo of it for you. I would have to assume that if it is for their 14S packs, it should be able to handle the current, right?

By the way, I found it from a Youtube video showing how it was installed. I believe that some on here have ordered from the business that provided the battery pack.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:26 PM   #14
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Looks interesting.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:39 PM   #15
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

It sounds like the TechDirectclub circuit board. I've been watching these and I'm curious as to the current capabilities.

Sergio, there's a 6:31 YouTube video from TechDirectclub on "48v Nissan Leaf Wiring Connection BMS" that has good views of the ckt board.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:51 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

We discussed this a little while ago the first time a member got one of those boards.

If You ran a circuit board trace design tool it would require in excess of a 6" wide trace of 2oz copper trace (typical thickness) to conduct 300Amps and not raise the temperature more than 50C over ambient.

At that time I asked if they were perhaps using 6oz copper traces (very unusual and specialized stuff).

A picture of the undersized of the board will help find out if the copper is obviously thick, but keep an eye on the temperature of the board as You use the board.

Also, a failure of a copper trace will damage the BMS since it will become the path between the modules.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 02:19 PM   #17
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
It sounds like the TechDirectclub circuit board. I've been watching these and I'm curious as to the current capabilities.

Sergio, there's a 6:31 YouTube video from TechDirectclub on "48v Nissan Leaf Wiring Connection BMS" that has good views of the ckt board.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
That's where I ordered it. I have the bus bars but saw this and saw how neat the BMS wiring was so thought I would try it. Since I have not seen any posts regarding these boards or their failure, I will end up being the guinea pig or test pilot for them. I am neither an electronic tech nor an electrician, I can only learn from either someone else's mistake or my own. Since I have not seen anyone else's experience with these boards, I can only hope that it is NOT a mistake to put my faith in them, and hope that someone else is not going to be learning from my mistake.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:54 PM   #18
Mryno
Not Yet Wild

I'm in the middle of ordering modules from those guys. I asked about that board hoping to do 2 x 14s2p setup, but they said that board cannot support the amperage we need. He said 60 amps, so in my case, that would total 120 amps if I were using 2 of them. In short, the circuit board is really neat, but will not support even the stock motor, unfortunately.
Mryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:02 AM   #19
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mryno View Post
I'm in the middle of ordering modules from those guys. I asked about that board hoping to do 2 x 14s2p setup, but they said that board cannot support the amperage we need. He said 60 amps, so in my case, that would total 120 amps if I were using 2 of them. In short, the circuit board is really neat, but will not support even the stock motor, unfortunately.
Hmm, I am a bit confused. I have 4ga. cables on my LA batteries and they are only rated at 85 amps according to the Trojan battery website. I have a 400 amp Curtis controller, but I believe I have a stock motor. I know that the controller has made a difference in torque, so I wonder how much amps I am drawing.
If the board I ordered is only good for 60amps, then I guess it will be useless in my cart, although I was running 6ga cables in the past with no problem. Forgive my ignorance, and I am not attempting to argue with anyone. Just trying to get my mind around the whole theory. By the way, I run my cart most of the time with the pedal to the metal and average about 23mph on a flat surface. That was by GPS and then again at one of those speed signs.
Old 06-06-2019, 09:09 AM   #20
Mryno
Not Yet Wild

You could always try it if you get it and it looks sturdy enough. It could work, but it will probably get really hot running that kind of amperage. That's just me going off what the guy over there said without actually seeing the board myself. It looks super convenient, though. Definitely tempting to try.
Mryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car