lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2020, 02:35 PM   #121
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lithium hunting cart overhaul

So You are going to have to turn the key switch ON to charge the cart after that change?

If You use a contactor to disconnect the lithium pack B+ when the BMS is OFF, there will be no power at the key switch to turn the cart/BMS back ON.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2020, 04:52 PM   #122
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

I would have to turn the key on to charge. Or I could switch the BMS to "battery" and leave the key switch off.

I'm just going to leave it as is for now. May change it later.
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:56 AM   #123
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Finally got my cart back from being painted, and it's all dressed up and ready to go. Here are the final pictures. I'm going to run it around the hunting lease soon, but in the neighborhood, the acceleration difference is big. Top speed up to 18 mph. I really didn't want extra top end speed (have a custom torque motor from plum quick), as I use this as a hunting cart, but 18 is fine. I'll report back soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8083 (1).jpg (635.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8081 (1).jpg (426.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8082 (1).jpg (325.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-06-2020, 12:16 PM   #124
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Looks good!

My only thought is that "space" or gap behind the rear plywood is going to provide a place where the rear wheels can "spit" up mud and water and it will deposit into your battery box.

I took some heavy, clear, flexible "windshield" type plastic and fastened half to the outside of the battery box, and the other half to the frame that runs right behind the seat. I found it keeps 99% of the water out on really rainy days.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 01:00 PM   #125
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yeah. I've got some neoprene coming to close that gap, and the other ones around there. I think that will do it.
Old 12-03-2020, 02:42 PM   #126
outdoorjunke
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Vinnie,
How is your split pack doing Have you had any issues as a result of splitting the 14 module pack into an 8 and 6. I also have a CC DS and I'm fixing to start my build using Sergio's Generic Chinese BMS setup with relays.
outdoorjunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 03:30 PM   #127
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

no issues at all. really enjoying my lithium cart. goes forever and don’t have to keep it plugged in like a lead acid battery.
Old 12-06-2020, 05:23 PM   #128
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
I've got a sheet of 1/8th" thick hdpe ordered. I am planning on doing a bellypan of sorts. I am going to do some (hopefully) strategically placed cutouts for things that are proud of the underside of the frame, then place oversized pieces over those cutouts and heat and bend them to conform over them. Probably leave the trailing end of them open. I'll share the process on my build thread. Probably be a few weeks before the plastic gets here and/or I get a chance to do it.
Ive been searching high and low for 1/8" HDPE to build battery boxes.
I can find plenty of 1/4" but not 1/8". Where did you find it and how much was it?
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 06:37 PM   #129
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorjunke View Post
Vinnie,
How is your split pack doing Have you had any issues as a result of splitting the 14 module pack into an 8 and 6. I also have a CC DS and I'm fixing to start my build using Sergio's Generic Chinese BMS setup with relays.
Correct me if I'm wrong, While the pack is physically separated, it isn't wired that way.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 03:15 PM   #130
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Not sure I understand your question, but the pack is wired as noted in the photographs above. It's no different than if you wired your lead acid batteries in parallel or series. Yes, they are "physically separate" but they all combine to give you the voltage/AH you desire.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car