lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2019, 07:22 PM   #21
Hopstraveler
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2014 RXV speed upgrade

It may be. The tire sizes are the same but they are different brands and his looks different like it crowns higher possibly. Whereas mine is more flat across.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopstraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2019, 01:50 PM   #22
dhartung02
Not Yet Wild

It sounds like his might be over inflated. :). That would squeeze a little more speed out of his setup.

dhartung02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:40 PM   #23
A47441
Not Yet Wild

My RXV does 30mph +

Simple adjustment with my handheld computer.

GCG Wichita
A47441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:48 AM   #24
Hopstraveler
Not Yet Wild

Yeah I think my best bet is to send my controller out to someone and have it reprogrammed.

Hopstraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:45 PM   #25
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfCartGuys View Post
My RXV does 30mph +

Simple adjustment with my handheld computer.

GCG Wichita
It takes me nearly an hour to go through everything that I do in order to increase torque, performance, and speed, just on an RXV. Most of what I do cannot be done with a handset, unless you have a Factory or Development level handset! What can be done with an OEM handset is only about 10% of what is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopstraveler View Post
Yeah I think my best bet is to send my controller out to someone and have it reprogrammed.
Maybe contact usgicollector.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:58 PM   #26
dhartung02
Not Yet Wild

GolfCartGuys - is there anyone in this forum whose controller you have programmed or have worked with? I am all for having additional people with the knowledge/skills to help those individuals in the forum. References are a good thing though :)

Old 04-15-2019, 10:09 PM   #27
A47441
Not Yet Wild

Yes our handset allows more customization beyond the OEM handset that we used to have.

I haven’t worked on or offering my services to ship and program controllers. If someone is close enough to us we would program a cart if it works out.

I was just stating that the OP can go faster than his buddy and I know there is someone that offers this service in this forum.

My personal cart touches 35mph and does many of the carts in my neighborhood and golf club that we’ve sold and worked on do 30mph.

Not interested in shipping and all that would go into installing and reinstalling and controller for programming. Or interested in STEPPING ON ANYONES TOES that currently offers this service. I’m simply on here because I love carts and love talking carts and feel like I have enough knowledge to help others.

But it seems it’s not wanted here.....

GCG Wichita
Old 04-15-2019, 10:44 PM   #28
spirentc
Not Yet Wild

Hello
Newbie. got my first cart. 2014 RXV with 6" lift and running 23x10.00-14 tires. I have checked the speed with my GPS and i get 17mph. much to my disappointment i found that i cant drive it up 7ft ramps to get it into my Ram 2500. It makes it half way up and just cutsoff. I need someone to help push it on.I have been reading about "Freeedom mode" and bob has peaked my interest in the faster speed. The dealer told me that the RXV has more torque than a TXT. is something wrong with my cart or can it not go up the ramps on its own because of the simple fact its an electric cart? Like i said first cart and i dont know much about them.
spirentc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:00 PM   #29
dhartung02
Not Yet Wild

Easy there - I didn’t mean it in a bad way.

I am genuinely curious in some personal references of the work you’ve done. Like I said I’m all for a knowledgeable community and redundancy in services.

I will say there is a lot of misconception around what is and isn’t possible and via what means - that is where some skepticism comes from. It’s not personal and No offense meant to you or your capabilities!

Old 04-15-2019, 11:06 PM   #30
A47441
Not Yet Wild

No problem. I understand. Sorry for taking it that way.

Just the Last time I tried to share our Facebook page to help someone on their options for wheels. Someone had to chime in with a negative response about soliciting.

I’m not here trying to drum up business. Just here to discuss carts.

GCG Wichita
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO