lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2015, 08:33 PM   #11
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 Ezgo PDS Brake Modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyjane View Post
Great write up and nice pics! Excellent job.

Would you be willing to make some the caliper brackets for sale?....
It IS a great write up!

And... IF... fastest1 would like to become a BGW sponsor, he's be welcome to make and sell them here, otherwise???? (check the rules!)

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2015, 06:37 AM   #12
Fastest1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I do have a CNC mill. It is only a Grizzly G0704 conversion but it gets the job done.

How about CNC'ing the Bridgeport? I hate manual machining most of the time. On the other hand, tramming is easy to do. A dial indicator on an automotive disc on the table works great!

I have toyed with the idea of a system for sale. I don't like the availability of some of the parts I used. It would be better if the parts were off of the shelf. Like a Honda or Toyota part.

I would be willing to make the brackets for those willing to do the rest of the work. And a percentage could be used to support the site.
Fastest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:36 AM   #13
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

I used the front brake calibers on the 300ex on my build. Painstakingly tried to use a Harley Davidson brake master cylinder. I opted out on the HD. I ended up buying a clutch master cylinder for an 80's Toyota 4x4.($20)

I mounted it high on the firewall and attached it to my pedal. It's high and out of the elements and looks factory.
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:41 AM   #14
timmyjane
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What did you use for discs and mounting hardware? Pics please.
timmyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:42 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
I used the front brake calibers on the 300ex on my build. Painstakingly tried to use a Harley Davidson brake master cylinder. I opted out on the HD. I ended up buying a clutch master cylinder for an 80's Toyota 4x4.($20)

I mounted it high on the firewall and attached it to my pedal. It's high and out of the elements and looks factory.
Any pics of the mounting and mechanical connection for the install?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:51 AM   #16
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

It's a patent pending type thingy.

I thought I took some but cant find them. I will get a few. Only thing, I had to make a bracket.
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:28 AM   #17
Fastest1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

My first intuition was to use motorcycle calipers and master. It turned out to be a bigger PIA due to varying disc thicknesses.

I do like the type of master you used. I would think I could get an automotive part like the one you pictured for 50 or less at the local auto parts. Instead of the potentially expensive AP Racing model that I used. I like the stealth and protection mine affords and the fact it required almost no fab.

But to offer a product it would be nice to keep the parts and prices down and to make repair simple. Competition from those who can build it is not a concern. If they could they would anyway.
Fastest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:16 AM   #18
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
My first intuition was to use motorcycle calipers and master. It turned out to be a bigger PIA due to varying disc thicknesses.

I do like the type of master you used. I would think I could get an automotive part like the one you pictured for 50 or less at the local auto parts. Instead of the potentially expensive AP Racing model that I used. I like the stealth and protection mine affords and the fact it required almost no fab.

But to offer a product it would be nice to keep the parts and prices down and to make repair simple. Competition from those who can build it is not a concern. If they could they would anyway.
Hey man, where did you locate the special inlet fitting for the CP6465 master cylinder?

I've reach out to Essexs they seem to be the only distributor in the US but haven't got a response. Hoping you might have an idea or work around. Thanks and great write up!

In the spirit of keeping this thread alive I've began fitting my club car precedent with miata calipers and honda civic rotors.

I purchased a full set mazda miata brakes for $100 bucks. Came with 4 rotors, 4 mounts and 4 calipers. I had zero luck with the rotors on the front hubs. The hat ID is way to small and the center hole was also about 5mm to small. I ended up purchasing 2001 honda civic rotors. They fit great only required drilling the lug holes out. I used 37/64 drill bit on a drill press the pattern fits like a glove on the 4x4 hubs.

A few test miles with the rotors on went flawless no vibration or anything to report it would appear all is well! Next step is to get my caliper brackets cut and welded on.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 10:22 AM   #19
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Race liquidators on ebay has the inlet fittings for $15 they are not listed you have to message them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 09:39 PM   #20
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: 2004 Ezgo PDS Brake Modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post

Do you have 4 wheel disc brakes? If so does this handle them OK?
I'm fixing to install the Jakes front disc brakes I bought for the woody. I want rear also but haven't come up with anything yet. Any info would be nice.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides