lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-25-2014, 03:37 PM   #1
hmcnav
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart goes a few feet then stops

So I have a TXT EZGo with 48V conversion, new batteries, new cables, new SOC meter, and new 48V solenoid/controller.

Symptoms - It will go a few feet then I here a click (from controler i guess) then it no power. The click I hear is same click that happens when I turn key to "on" position. Batteries are fully charged, today I actually got it to run around the block before it died again. Neither Forward or Reverser work. What I have done over past 2 days is turn on off and/or Tow/Run it will run again for a few feet.

I just did the conversation back in October and have put about 50 miles on the cart since then just toting the kids to from/school.

I checked all wires/cables are secured tight.

Thanks and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays
hmcnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-25-2014, 04:17 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart goes a few feet then stops

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcnav View Post
So I have a TXT EZGo with 48V conversion, new batteries, new cables, new SOC meter, and new 48V solenoid/controller.

Symptoms - It will go a few feet then I here a click (from controler i guess) then it no power. The click I hear is same click that happens when I turn key to "on" position. Batteries are fully charged, today I actually got it to run around the block before it died again. Neither Forward or Reverser work. What I have done over past 2 days is turn on off and/or Tow/Run it will run again for a few feet.

I just did the conversation back in October and have put about 50 miles on the cart since then just toting the kids to from/school.

I checked all wires/cables are secured tight.

Thanks and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays
Is the LED green when the cart misbehaves?

If so, lift the 10 pin connector slightly and measure the voltages on the pins when the cart is misbehaving.

With Run/Tow in Run, Keyswitch ON and F/R in F, you should have pack voltage on Pins 6, 9 & 10.
When you press pedal, you should get pack voltage on Pin-5 also.

Did you check the inline connector between pedal box and stock wiring harness? They get corroded and act up in cooler and damp weather.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:58 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds like the solenoid is dropping out. More and more frequently - could be a heat problem .... what control and solenoid are you using?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 12:35 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

According to his sig-block, its a DCX400 running at 48V and turning 23" All-Terrain tires, so overheating the controller would be a surprise.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:10 PM   #5
hmcnav
Not Yet Wild

I just returned from vacation, hope everyone enjoyed their holidays.

Took it out for a test today and same symptoms I can drive either around the block and then it cuts off or just a few feet.

From cold - I turn key and I hear the click, press gas and it goes. When it dies there is one final click then the pedal does nothing. Pressing it does not get the click I hear normally from controller/solenoid.

If it toggle the run/tow switch after turning it off it will act like a reset and go a few feet more.

I checked all connections and all connection are tight and clean.

Could it be the F/R toggle switch or the key on/off ?
hmcnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:29 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
According to his sig-block, its a DCX400 running at 48V and turning 23" All-Terrain tires, so overheating the controller would be a surprise.
I left of the "n't". That should read "wouldn't be a surprise"

23" tires push the envelope on a DCX400 controller.
All Terrain tires push the envelope on a DCX400 controller.
Those two factors combined may be overheating it.

Attach your laptop to it and log the controller data. The Diode Temperature and Error Flags columns may tell us something.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO