lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
bubba1020
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Talking Tire and wheel question...............

Allright guys. Was in my shop today playin' around with my '89 yammy G2 and looked up and saw a set of tires and wheels that came off my Suzuki Kingquad 700(just put some 28inch Outlaws on it for hunting season; man is my quad SICK looking with them on!!) Anyway, I measured the bolt pattern and it came out to be the same, 4in x 4in. My qustion is what lift will or mods will I need to put these on my yammy? (sizes are 25x8x12 in the front: 25x10x12 in the rear) Would really like to use these so I dont have to spend another 5-600.00 dollars on tires and wheels. (spacers mabey?) Lets come up with some SICK idea! Talk to yall soon!C-YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bubba1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2008, 06:58 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Tire and wheel question...............

You will need some room for 25's. Either a super tall lift or move the front wheels forward and move the rear wheels rearward.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:24 AM   #3
bubba1020
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Whats up Ron!!! So u think I could get a Jakes Lift that would work? 8in. lift mabey, then I think I saw a kit on their website that moves your front wheels forward? I dont want to go TOO tall and make it unstable, ya know. If u have any other thoughts about this , gjust give me a HOLLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2008, 07:54 AM   #4
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

If you do a lot of offroading, I would stick with 22's. 25's with a high lift are going to make that cart unstable in some offroad situations. I've seen it and it isn't fun. My opinion for anyone doing serious offroading: 22's, no more than a 6 inch lift (4 inch if you can get by with it), and 2 inch wheel spacers (the good one's made out of aluminum). My G9 is setup like this: 4 inch in front with 20's and deep offset rims, 6 inch in back with 22's and 2 inch wheel spacers. I use my cart to bushhog and get into some very very tricky and dangerous areas. This is the best setup 'for me' to keep my cart stable. But I pull a small bushhog on the side of some very steep hills sideways. The only problem you will run into with your cart is the bar under the back of the cart by the rear chunk. It is dependent on rear tire height (not the lift).

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:27 PM   #5
bubba1020
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Cool Spriddle! I'll try both( 20s or 22s) Let u know what I come up with. Just trying to save a little coin, if u know what I mean! Talk to u soon man!!!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha