lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

Default Huntin tips and Ideas

Ok yall, Lets hear some tips and ideas for anykind of hunting... Anything you have found to be successful, let us know. I personally need to find out what Ladder stand, feeder, and game camera I should use for next year... Thanks!!
4x4 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2008, 09:03 AM   #2
mulecart76
Gone Wild

Default Re: Huntin tips and Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 CC View Post
Ok yall, Lets hear some tips and ideas for anykind of hunting... Anything you have found to be successful, let us know. I personally need to find out what Ladder stand, feeder, and game camera I should use for next year... Thanks!!
I have never used a ladder stand, but I love API and Summit stands. Gorrilla seems to be a favorite also. I prefer lock on stands with a metal ladder. They are great for bowhunting and easy to transport.

Feeders, I have used Moultrie, but I seem to always have trouble. If you want to get serious about feeding spend as much as you can and get one with solar charger built in.

I have a Moultrie Digital camera and it is a piece of junk. Cuddeback is supposed to be a great camera but pricy. Here is a website http://trailcameras.net/ to help in your decision. Digital is definitely the way to go. You can spend a fortune on film and get one that you can hook up a solar panel to. Batteries will also eat you up. I had a film camera (Stealth) and got some great pics, the Moultrie has been a disaster.

Everything that you have listed are great but if you are going to get them spend the max money or don't buy them. You will find you get what you pay for.
mulecart76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:58 AM   #3
BCW
Gone Wild

Mulecart76

These are some good suggestions Glad you posted this Bud.
Im trying my best to come out of old ways Hunting and in to the new
next year. I have never had a feeder, Camera or any of the modern things
to make yer hunt More successful.

Its time I put some meat in the freezer I guess LOL...
BTW Where in TN are you located again.
Im wanting to move up there if I can sell my home
my brother and family live in East TN. (Englewood & Athens)
He hunts over on a lease in Decator. Talked to him last night on his
way from the woods to home Didnt see a dang thing all day.

BCW
BCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #4
rdnktrkr
Getting Wild

Default Re: Hunting tips and Ideas

I always liked hunting around apple or crab apple trees. I also liked hunting around honeysuckle. We always built platform stands used pallets for the base and anchored it to a tree.
rdnktrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #5
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

I would make a food plot and build me a stand but its not my land. When my great grandfather died, he sold it. However, the guy that owns it lets my cousins and I hunt on it. I hunt on a 5 year old clearcut. In the mornings and evenings they will come out to feed. I want them in my corner though, hence the feeder. And the camera is just for fun.

I had a gorillia climber and i liked it alot, but the property backs up to federal land and someone walked up behind it and stole it. I want to be able to chain the stand to the tree and lock it. ( no climbers) I want a climber for hunting on land else where. Thanks for the input!!
4x4 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:25 AM   #6
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

I use ladder stands and tower stands. I have one 8 1/2 acre field I plant each year. This last season I had some clover, wheat, iron clay peas, rye, rape and chicory planted. I have 3 separate tower stand and use the that is best for wind and sun for hunting. Down in the woods I use ladder stands. I've had climbers, and some are great, but I'm too old to carry and climb. I get wore out before I reach the height I want.
One suggestion, if you have land that you will be hunting for several years. If you have an area where there is a lot of deer sign but no sight lanes, Clear out the underbrush. Deer will start using the trail you make. I take a chain saw and cut small saplings out of the way and then go in with a 5' bushhog.I try to keep the trails to 5' wide. If you can put a "V" shape in trail put your stand looking up both trails. Be sure to keep in mind prevailing wind direction when planning location. This stategy works for me, especially in the bottoms, and along ridges about half way up to higher ground. Mike
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:02 AM   #7
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't get to hunt too much anymore, I use a little C-4 plastic explosives, works pretty good LOL
tungpo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:34 AM   #8
BCW
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tungpo1 View Post
I don't get to hunt too much anymore, I use a little C-4 plastic explosives, works pretty good LOL

I know your trying to pull someones leg, but some might believe you
id be very careful about that statement.
You could end up in the Pen. and I dont mean Penn...

Someone once said, Why do you Hunt Bambi ...
My responce was.. I dont .. I Hunt his Dad
Old 01-23-2008, 10:53 AM   #9
killsumptin
Getting Wild

Regarding trail cameras, The ones with the infra- red flash are the best. They cost a little more, but the flash doesn't spook the game.

The warning about beeing careful is a valid one. The animal rights activists love to hear stuff about illegal activity, whether jokingly or not. They will use it as ammunition in their anti-hunting campaigns. A google search for key words/phrases is all it takes. Then bingo, your thread is being read by a radical animal rights activist.

They even go as far as starting contreversial threads on the hunting forums in order to get hunters to "fess up" about their illegal activities.
The next thing you know, there's some cockamamie story on the news about hunters slaughtering furry little creatures with rocket launchers.
killsumptin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:56 AM   #10
BCW
Gone Wild

Very true !!!!!
They (the Animal Peta Groups ) are out "ALWAYS" just looking
for something to throw on thier Fire to use against any Outdoor Man or Woman...

QUOTE from Killsumtin

The warning about beeing careful is a valid one. The animal rights activists love to hear stuff about illegal activity, whether jokingly or not. They will use it as ammunition in their anti-hunting campaigns. A google search for key words/phrases is all it takes. Then bingo, your thread is being read by a radical animal rights activist.

They even go as far as starting contreversial threads on the hunting forums in order to get hunters to "fess up" about their illegal activities.
The next thing you know, there's some cockamamie story on the news about hunters slaughtering furry little creatures with rocket launchers.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing