lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
tece50
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Wiring up an analog battery meter EZGO TXT

Just installed an analog battery meter and decided to wire it to the positvie terminal of the key switch instead of directly to positive battery post. The negative is going directly to neg battery post. My problem is it stays on even with the key turned to off position. What the heck have I done wrong?
Thanks for any input anyone can give.
tece50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Wiring up an analog battery meter EZGO TXT

Just a guess, but you possibly have it wired to the hot (+) position of the switch. Try changing to the other switch terminal. I guess another possibility would be a backfeed, somehow, from the controller. I plan to do the same thing when I mount my meter, so will be watching this thread to see what the outcome is. - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
tece50
Getting Wild

Club Car

I wasn't 100% sure which post on the key switch was positive, so I went with the post to the right which would be the post directly behind the switch when you turn it to the on position. The other thing I did while crimping all my ends on was to run a little solder to each down in the crimp, and checked them all for any loose strands. Guess I read so much about connections being secure that I did everything I could think of to ensure that.
Thanks Ray, I'll double check the connection this afternoon.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

This is for a PDS cart. Disregard the wire going to terminal 1 on the stock meter.

Also, an analog meter is going to draw less than a Milli-amp (0.001A), so it won't discharge your battery enough to speak of even if left on all the time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Keyswitch wiring PDS.JPG (92.7 KB, 12 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #5
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have mine wired direct and as " JohnnieB " said, it draws negligible current. You will get more parasitic draw from dirt on the batteries!
It's also quite handy to just be able to glance at it and know your soc.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
tece50
Getting Wild

Club Car

Well with all that said, and as long as it isn't hurting anything the way it is, I'm in with you guys...I'm leaving it like it is! Moving on to the next project of taking off all the golfing accessories-bag rack,ball and club cleaner, sand bottle and bag cover. So much I want to do to it, but just have to do a little at a time as funds allow. This is an awesome forum and a pleasure to see all the help everyone is willing to give. Thanks to all!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO