lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
gsxrfan
Gone Wild

Default Auto Battery Water System

I have heard about these, but have not seen one and I was wondering what they look like and what do they really do? Are they expensive?
gsxrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Auto Battery Water System

Yes, they are expensive, and no, they are NOT automatic. User participation is required. From what I have seen/read they DO work. One of the benefits is they eliminate any boilover from charging from spilling out onto the battery tops. The expended acid is captured by the tubing and returns to the cells. This GREATLY reduces the chances of corrosion simply by keeping the cases free of acid.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:59 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I don't know why a bunch of plastic tube and fittings has to cost Soooo much? But if it saves you from boiling your batteries dry...it would be worth the $200 price
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:14 PM   #4
mustangless
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I don't know why a bunch of plastic tube and fittings has to cost Soooo much? But if it saves you from boiling your batteries dry...it would be worth the $200 price
After seeing those on TV, I thought about getting them. Went to order it the other day thinking $30 at the most. After seeing the prices, I decided I could pour/measure water.
mustangless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ive got them. Worth every penny. After two years, batteries still look brand new. Never had to clean once. Recommend them highly.......
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:52 AM   #6
Offtwice
Member 23082

Club Car

I am considering this for a 72 volt system. I am thinking this could reduce frustration with limited access to a few batteries that are not easily accessible from under the seat.

I know nothing about the system. I would assume there are a couple of manufacturers, is one preferred? Would it work on a 9 - 8 volt battery system (ie....are there limits to the number of batteries that can be hooked up together)?

lol...........how does it even work?

OT
Offtwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:07 PM   #7
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offtwice View Post
I am considering this for a 72 volt system. I am thinking this could reduce frustration with limited access to a few batteries that are not easily accessible from under the seat.

I know nothing about the system. I would assume there are a couple of manufacturers, is one preferred? Would it work on a 9 - 8 volt battery system (ie....are there limits to the number of batteries that can be hooked up together)?

lol...........how does it even work?

OT
Yes it would work with your 9-8 volt battery system. To fill batteries just use the Pro-fill hand pump. Its a 4 ft tube with a manual pump. Just connect one end to the hose under the seat to tube (quick connect) and stick the other end in a gallon of distilled water. Pump away. I would highly recommend this to everybody
Old 12-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #8
Offtwice
Member 23082

Club Car

Where did u get yours and what brand is it?
Offtwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:20 PM   #9
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

and it stops filling at the proper level?
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:44 PM   #10
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Pro-Fill and Flow-rite. I don't see why they wouldn't make one for your application. You may have to buy two and assemble it to fit your need. Might want to google and call directly to see if they can help you with your setup. Mines came with my cart. But those are the only two manufactures that make them. Good luck. Its definitely worth the cost!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car