lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
Gave54
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default F-N-R Microswitch Question

Ok, I hope that I can make this sound right.....

I have an EZGO 1999 TXT series cart. I was wondering about the microswitces and how they should be operating. When I got this cart the buzzer was removed. The driver’s side switch has the Blue wire on the driver’s side of the switch and the red on the opposite side. The red wire then is jumped to the driver’s side of the other switch on the passenger side. Then the orange wire that feeds the controller is on the passenger side of the passenger side switch.

Both switches say normal closed. If I understand this that means they are activated when they are at rest and open when compressed.

When I have my F-N-R in F both micro switched are closed or at rest.
When I have my F-N-R in R the passenger side switch is open or compressed and the other switch is closed or at rest.

According to what I found in the EZGO manual that is not right. Can anyone give me any guidance on how this could be wrong or what I need to do to make it correct.

Thanks for all the help....
Gave54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: F-N-R Microswitch Question

Test your switches they should be normally open and complete the circuit when closed .....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:55 AM   #3
Gave54
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I tested both switches and your correct. When they are compressed they are closed and complete the circit. They both showed 37.4 volts when closed.

So When I have my F-N-R in F both micro switched are open.
When I have my F-N-R in R the passenger side switch is closed or compressed and the other switch is open or at rest.

Is that how they should work?
Gave54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The micro is an on/off switch. when it is in neutral they should be off when in gear they should have continuity or be on.... you may have the wrong micros on there?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO