lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
JHK
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default ATV wheel fitment guide

While looking to see if I could use ATV wheels/ tires on my '81 G1 gas cart, I came accross this information. I dont know if its correct or not....just passing it on.

http://www.mud-throwers.com/atv_wheel_chart

JHK-
JHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

Default Re: ATV wheel fitment guide

those will not fit you need a 4 on 4 lug pattern and the only atv is the polaris quad and it has 4 on 4 on the rear only.... the site sponsors have the best price for what your looking for
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:29 PM   #3
JHK
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

True...most will not.....but if you look at the guide.....under "OEM wheel size, bolt patter" column......it list those with 4x4 bolt patterns and what ATV model and year they came on.

Are you saying the 4x4 pattern on the ATV is not the same as the 4x4 pattern on the cart?
Old 01-14-2010, 02:09 PM   #4
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

no a 4on 4 is a 4 on 4 but if you look there is only 3 quads that have the pattern .. so why are you looking for a quad wheel????
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #5
Fleck
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

I'm running quad rims and tires on my cart. 4X110 bolt pattern. If you really want to run a quad bolt pattern then our site sponsors have adapters to make it work. One of the sponsors is Randy (the man that is trying to enlighten you) from Wicked Carts. He sells a nice quality adapter at a good price. I got a great deal on my tires and rims but now there are so many nice golf cart rims that are selling for cheaper than doing the adapter route. Unless you already have rims or can get them very cheap; do some research on the prices of rims and adapters compaired to 4X4" rims. Good luck.
Fleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #6
Fleck
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Forgot to say thanks for the link; that may come in handy in the near future.
Fleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:46 PM   #7
JHK
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Fleck - Your welcome

Wicked' - Basically I was looking for a cheap alternative to use the existing new quad tires onmy G1 temporarily.

I have a '97 HondaTRX 300EX that has a bad head.....was thinking of using the quad wheels and brand new tires on my G1. I didnt want to butcher the existing quad wheels, as I am entertaining the idea of splitting the quad frame length wise and width wise to graft to an EZ go carcass I acquired....and run a 750cc street bike motor I have in possesion.

I rebuilt the motor on the G1, took the roof off, and built a rear seat that fold out to a utility bed....and was going to lift it. It would look funny on stock wheels/ tires (slicks tires with baby moon hubcaps on white wheels). I want it to haul arse...but its too nice (and the motor is fresh) to carve up for teh street bike project. I'll end up selling it and proceedingwith the ezgo carcas for the "Terrorizer" project.

I attached a pic. It still has the top on it this picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.02.2010.jpg (115.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 01-14-2010, 09:02 PM   #8
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

Even if they bolt up I bet the offset and backspacing would be way off. Those quads with the ifs suspensions have very shallow wheels.
highrollinmopars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:27 PM   #9
coal_man
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Neat looking G1 there, JHK.

I like it.

coal_man
coal_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts