lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2019, 09:07 AM   #1
Reelop19
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Question about Jakes A Arm Conversion and Extension for Club Car DS

I have a 1982 Club Car DS. I’m curious why you do this mod. Is it to run bigger wheels with a stock stance? That’s why I’m considering it. I don’t want to lift my cart. If anything I want to lower it. For those who did it what height wheel did you fit? Thanks
Reelop19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2019, 06:36 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Question about Jakes A Arm Conversion and Extension for Club Car DS

With modification and fabrication anything can be used to achieve what you're wanting. If you are looking to lower the ride height, you definitely don't want a lift kit. You'll be reverse engineering the parts just to use them.

For the best handing, you'll want a "double wishbone" front suspension. Now you can buy one of the long travel front ends, but that's going to lift you up. It's a ton of fab work building your own, but guys do it all the time.

What I did was bought a complete front suspension from an atv and grafted it in. Still tough, but the geometry was already done. It works flawlessly. You could do the same thing and just use the a arm parts etc but build a lowered subframe. When I built mine, I set it up so that I could run the a arms parallel with the ground with shorter shocks. I have a pic somewhere.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 06:44 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Here's what I did

1. 2000 Yamaha Warrior atv frame, a arms, hubs, calipers, shocks, etc.
( I actually bought the parts separately, spent about $300 total )

2. Sand rail type rack and pinion 14" (come in various widths)
(spent $100 online at Sandparts.com)

3. 2004 Ezgo TXT steering column, wheel, and u joint shaft
(bought used for $100)

4. Heims, tie rods, spacers, all 3/8".
($150 at Speedway Motors)

You could change the upper mounting points, moving them up, to get your lowered stance. This setup handles like a dream. Well worth the work and expense.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg atv suspension 1.jpg (237.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg atv suspension 2.jpg (209.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg atv suspension 3.jpg (220.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg atv suspension 17.jpg (171.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg atv suspension 8.jpg (240.8 KB, 0 views)
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:10 PM   #4
gotti
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Slonomo - Nice looking setup.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
gotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:07 AM   #5
Reelop19
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelop19 View Post
I have a 1982 Club Car DS. I’m curious why you do this mod. Is it to run bigger wheels with a stock stance? That’s why I’m considering it. I don’t want to lift my cart. If anything I want to lower it. For those who did it what height wheel did you fit? Thanks
I went ahead and installed the extension kit and A-Arm conversion. The A-Arm conversion is being discontinued from Jakes so if anybody reads this in the future there is no guarantee you’ll get it from them. It does however look exactly like the setup in 93 and newer club cars. I also replaced all bolts with Grade 5 3/8”-16 bolts. I replaced the shocks and ball joints while I was in there. I went with 14” wheels with 19” tall tires. Front is all good. The back slightly rubs on bumps. I’ll solve that with heavy duty rear leaf springs. I think the result is a slightly higher stance but I’m liking it. Rides nice.
Reelop19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 09:58 PM   #6
stl_ed
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelop19 View Post
I went ahead and installed the extension kit and A-Arm conversion. The A-Arm conversion is being discontinued from Jakes so if anybody reads this in the future there is no guarantee you’ll get it from them. It does however look exactly like the setup in 93 and newer club cars. I also replaced all bolts with Grade 5 3/8”-16 bolts. I replaced the shocks and ball joints while I was in there. I went with 14” wheels with 19” tall tires. Front is all good. The back slightly rubs on bumps. I’ll solve that with heavy duty rear leaf springs. I think the result is a slightly higher stance but I’m liking it. Rides nice.
Any pics? I'm thinking about the same setup.
stl_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!