lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2009, 09:38 AM   #1
eudemonist
Not Yet Wild

Default Bad Boy Buggy?

Anybody know anything about Bad Boy Buggies? Got one here in the shop that runs in reverse but not in forward. Techs haven't started looking at it yet, but they're totally new to us, so if anybody has any schematics or wiring diagrams or such, I'd be grateful.

The plate says the "type" is BB-AMS4. Looks like it's stamped B326...maybe the serial number?
eudemonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Bad Boy Buggy?

You will have to get the schematic from Bad boy. If it has the navitas (green controller. Should be DSE-1000 model) you might have to buy the $375 programmer to diagnose it.....unless you get lucky and you have a bad connection somewhere. (unlikely, because I believe the F/R switching is done controller side. I'm not sure.)

If you replace the controller you will have to get that from bad boy already pre-programmed. If you get the controller from Navitas you will have to buy the programmer too and know how to use it. They are a ***** to work on.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:11 AM   #3
eudemonist
Not Yet Wild

Yeah, my guys here want me to just send it elsewhere, but I hate to pass up on work right now. Not gonna spend $375 on a diagnostic tool we'll never use again, though. I've tried contacting Bad Boy Enterprises, but haven't been able to reach anyone yet.

I have been able to rustle up a little info that suggests the problem might be in the "directional contactor" under the passenger side of the seat..if that ain't it, we'll probably be sending it on. Again, though, if anybody has any experience with this problem, I'd be grateful...
eudemonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Yea...that big mongaloid reversing contactor. I forgot about that. That in itself is big bucks. You should be able to track that down pretty easily with a volt meter to see if its getting power in reverse.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:43 PM   #5
Wirecutter
Not Yet Wild

I found this thread from "outside" and wanted to bump it up and ask if anyone found info. I am also looking for info on wiring this controller. Thanks.

-Mark
Wirecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:52 PM   #6
Wirecutter
Not Yet Wild

FWIW, I've got one of these controllers, and I got it so cheap that I'd consider buying the programmer just to get it going. I need to know what sort of motor it's made to drive and how it's wired, though.

It's not the high power wiring that will give me a problem, however. I think the real mystery lies in what gets connected to the two wire harnesses on the opposite end from the high current lugs.

To see what I do with golf cart controllers, search either Google or YouTube for "neurotikart". Thanks in advance for any light that can be shed on this controller.

-Mark
Wirecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:25 PM   #7
golfcartmaint
Not Yet Wild

found a lot of wiring info at EVDRIVES.COM controler and contactors available here!
golfcartmaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:46 PM   #8
buck bwnewton
Not Yet Wild

had bad boy did same thing mud build up around solonoid coroded wire coming out of f&r contactor that is soldered to terminal
buck bwnewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts