lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps


Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2020, 07:27 PM   #1
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,254
Default Mikuni vm carb

Put mikuni vm32 carb on my vrx460 and installed in club car carryall and used factory club car fuel pump. It appears pressure is too much for the needle to stop the flow of fuel because whenever itís running there is a constant stream of fuel dumping out of the overflow fitting. I know a lot of people that have issues similar to this install a return line before the carb back to the tank. My question is can I just run that overflow back to tank or should I put in return before the carb? Does anyone use pressure regulator? Any input on things to check or try ? I have not opened it up. I should have time to mess with it Friday and will see where the float level is set also. May need tweaking. Didnít know if the club car fuel pump (low pressure) would still be too much for the vm carb as I think most applications for this carb are gravity fed tanks...
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Old 07-15-2020, 08:17 PM   #2
Low-Tec
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 39
Default Re: Mikuni vm carb

You should be able to get a needle and seat for the VM that is compatible with the pump.
The easiest solution is a return line.
Anything else is just over complicating things.
Low-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:48 PM   #3
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man
 
Shepard's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Owego NY
Posts: 2,758
Default Re: Mikuni vm carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
Put mikuni vm32 carb on my vrx460 and installed in club car carryall and used factory club car fuel pump. It appears pressure is too much for the needle to stop the flow of fuel because whenever itís running there is a constant stream of fuel dumping out of the overflow fitting. I know a lot of people that have issues similar to this install a return line before the carb back to the tank. My question is can I just run that overflow back to tank or should I put in return before the carb? Does anyone use pressure regulator? Any input on things to check or try ? I have not opened it up. I should have time to mess with it Friday and will see where the float level is set also. May need tweaking. Didnít know if the club car fuel pump (low pressure) would still be too much for the vm carb as I think most applications for this carb are gravity fed tanks...
Pictures we need pictures
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:53 PM   #4
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,254
Default Re: Mikuni vm carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
Pictures we need pictures
Here ya go in the last 2 pictures you can see the overfill drain hose on the bottom. When fuel runs out itís covers the electrical box lid.









KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:57 PM   #5
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,254
Default Re: Mikuni vm carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low-Tec View Post
You should be able to get a needle and seat for the VM that is compatible with the pump.
The easiest solution is a return line.
Anything else is just over complicating things.
Is it a whole different needle and seat or can it be achieved just by adjusting float height?
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:21 PM   #6
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD
 
raydhd's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ray BY The Bay NJ
Posts: 8,710
Default Re: Mikuni vm carb

The VM's on sled engines like Suzi's all use pumps. So it certainly can be done. I don't know if this help but for the VM 34 on the sled engine they call for a float arm height of 22-24 mm. I don't see anything else listed in the manual that is special.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:32 PM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way
 
slonomo's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Medina, Ohio (NEOHIO)
Posts: 10,271
Default Re: Mikuni vm carb

Is it an optical illusion or are those fuel hoses SUPER HUGE?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:36 PM   #8
slonomo
Searching for The Way
 
slonomo's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Medina, Ohio (NEOHIO)
Posts: 10,271
Default Re: Mikuni vm carb

Assuming your float is set correctly, I vote for the fuel return line. I installed mine just in front of the carb, and I used the next size smaller fuel line. I used a simple brass tee fitting found at your local NAPA. I think the stock fuel line is 1/4" right? So 3/16" for the return line. I also ran a steel fuel line and threaded it into the top of the plastic fuel tank with some thread sealant. Worked great, no more flooding.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:36 PM   #9
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,254
Default Re: Mikuni vm carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Is it an optical illusion or are those fuel hoses SUPER HUGE?
All normal size 1/4Ē there is 1 short section of 5/16 just before the carb because the inlet on the carb is 5/16Ē. The barbs on the fuel filters I use have 1/4Ē and 5/16Ē on same filter so I brought 1/4Ē all way into filter from tank then converted to 5/16 out of the filter to the carb.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:54 PM   #10
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,254
Default Re: Mikuni vm carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
The VM's on sled engines like Suzi's all use pumps. So it certainly can be done. I don't know if this help but for the VM 34 on the sled engine they call for a float arm height of 22-24 mm. I don't see anything else listed in the manual that is special.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Assuming your float is set correctly, I vote for the fuel return line. I installed mine just in front of the carb, and I used the next size smaller fuel line. I used a simple brass tee fitting found at your local NAPA. I think the stock fuel line is 1/4" right? So 3/16" for the return line. I also ran a steel fuel line and threaded it into the top of the plastic fuel tank with some thread sealant. Worked great, no more flooding.
I have not tinkered with it at all. Just put it on as it came right out of the box. Iíd like to get it dialed good without the extra return- which sounds like itís doable. I havenít ran it but maybe 2 minutes total- I am still working on exhaust for it so as it sits right now it shoots flame out the exhaust port right at the plastic fuel tank so not running it yet! I just bumped the key as soon as the carb had fuel it fired right up!
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
WTB G16 Mikuni Carb Golf Carts and Parts
carb tuning mikuni or eBay CV carb Clone Engine Swaps
Carb rebuild kit for 97 Mikuni carb. Gas Columbia ParCar
G1 mikuni carb Gas Yamaha
wtb mikuni carb Golf Carts and Parts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. © 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.